MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 22 January 2014

FOR THE BABY GIRLS BROTHER

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving 
friends, and visitors.
May I say a BIG WELCOME to my newest 
follower, and thank you for choosing to follow
me, and may you visit my blog often.

THANK YOU for all your wonderful comments
on my last card.
I very much appreciate each and everyone that
you make.

Now my last card was a commission, but I got 
the wrong end of the stick.
It was wanted so that the little brother could 
open his own card when the baby arrives.
So the old thinking cap went on again, and here
is what I created.

CARD AND ENVELOPE.


Now the inside.



This is a 6"x6" size card.

I went around the edges of the card and envelope
with my Promarkers again, but this time I used 
3 colours pink, blue, and green, to give it a 
rainbow effect.
I distress inked the edges of the card and paper,
with Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress
Inks.
The turtle image was a freebie off the internet,
and coloured in with Promarkers to match the
colours of the card.
The paper was from Joanna Sheens Baby Love
CD.
I glued some light blue lace around the hand cut
banner sentiment.
I followed this theme inside, and added a cut up
piece of doily either side the banner.

No die cuts were harmed in this creation. lol.
Thank you again for your visit and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

16 comments:

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love the images and a great layout, bet George was really pleased to get his own card.

Kath x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Jenny, and what a fab idea to include George and give him his very own card!!
I remember when I had our second Son, the eldest (who was the grand old age of 4!!) asked
" How long will he be staying Mummy?". We laughed!! xx

Patricia said...

Aww! Jenny thatnismjuts so darned sweet.

Patricia said...

Sorry pressed the wrong button before saying
Bye!
Happy crafting

Patricia xx

Patricia xx

Sue said...

So gorgeous Jenny, such a cute image and I love the colours.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Goodness Jenny I really do not know what's going on here the first bit of my comment is a right proper mess.
Should read, just so darned sweet.
Off to bed to try and recover.
Hugs

Patricia xx

MaryH said...

What a thoughtful thing to do for an older child in a new baby family, so he will feel special and not left out of all the attention. I always love the way you use your doilies, and that turtle is going to make this youngster just smile when he sees it just for him. So sweet. Thanks for thinking of us with the weather woes. Thankfully our area is just colder than expected..it's our Midwest & Northern states that are dealing with the really awful storms. TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Awww my lovely fairy godmother, this is so sweet. Your cards are always gorgeous and so much attention to detail. Hope that blood pressure is going down and your doing ok lots of huggles and sloppy kisses off olliebobs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hazel said...

Our Tammy always gets cards made for the older children when there is a new baby, big brother will be so trilled with is cute card. ( blood pressure won't have been helped when you discovered that you needed to do another card) Hazel xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Ze zijn alle bij de kaarten zijn prachtig
Groetjes Gerrie

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, a gorgeous creation huggles Pops x x x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, It's easily done, getting the wrong end of the stick, I do it all the time haha. What a quick turnaround, you managed a fabulous card in 'quick sticks', and the little boy will love it when he gets a card too.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, yes I know what you mean about wrong end of the stick, I've been there too :) However your fast turnaround is amazing, I bet the little boy will be thrilled! Fabulous! Carole Z XX

KandA said...

What a gorgous card and such a treat for the babys' brother to have a card for himself xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi there me little blogging matey! This is such a wonderful idea and it will make him feel really special won't it. The little turtle/tortoise made me chuckle as well, what a cute image. Love the colours you have chosen for your card and envelope!

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

scrappymo! said...

This is so darned cute! You did a great job on this card...he will feel so important when he opens his very own"big brother" card.