MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 30 January 2014

MOTORBIKE CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.
Thank you for your really great comments on my 
last card.
I very much appreciate your time and visit.

Well tomorrow is Friday and this week has been 
eventful to say the least.
On Tuesday I had to call an ambulance for my 
DH as he was in so much pain.
He spent 24 hours in hospital, there and they did some tests, but could not find the cause.
He is fine now, and hoping it won't come back.

Today I have a card made for my Sons Birthday.
Now he rides a motorbike and has done some
motorbike training with Kent Police.
He also loves his bicycle and thinks nothing of
going out on a 50 mile cycle on a Sunday morning.
He also does spinning at the gym when he's not 
out of the country with his work
I am not happy with how this one turned out.
The distress inking doesn't seem right somehow.
See what you think.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Now the inside.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I have used Jolly Nation decoupage and papers,
I bought years ago .
I distress inked the papers and card with a 
mixture of Fire Brick, Peacock Feathers, and 
Faded Jeans.
Nearly forgot that I used some of my snippets 
for the die cuts so this means I can enter the 
Pixies Playground challenge.

Thank you again for your kind visit.
I do hope these nasty floods are not affecting
any of you lovely people, because there is more 
horrible weather on the way so they say.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following 
challenges. 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/pixies-snippets-playground-week-109.html 

16 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

You are being tough on yourself Jenny, your card is a great design and I am sure your son will love it. Pleased hubby has made a quick recovery. Sending loads of hugs. xx Flora

Sue said...

Nothing wrong with this card my lovely fairy godmother its fab!! and he will love it, my eldest brother used to be a motorbike fanatic too LOL hope your hubby is feeling so much better:) have a great weekend and fingers crossed we don't get more horrid weather lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

Oh dear Jenny, sorry to hear about your hubby, that must have been a worrying time for you. I am so pleased that he is feeling better now.
I think your card is fabulous. It's such a great design and the colours are wonderful. I am sure your son will love it.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

Hazel said...

Jenny sorry to hear that your DH hasn't been very well, glad he is feeling better but still a worrying time all the same, another great card which I am sure your son will love. Take care Hazel xx

scrappymo! said...

Hope your husband is feeling stronger. That must have been so scary!
Your card is lovely and the inking is fine...I think it gives it that grungy look that is all so popular with motorbike cards and masculine cards in general.
Bet your son loved it!

Rita said...

Good Morning Jenny. Sorry to hear about your dear hubby, hope he is feeling better now. Fantastic card for your son and I'm sure he will love it. Great colours too. Hugs Rita xxx

Anonymous said...

Your hand made card looks beautiful. Your son will really love it. Take care of your husband and yourselves. happy weekend!!

Алексровер Анна said...

I wish health to all your family! Great bright card! Your son will love it!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Een prachtig motorkaart .Mooie achtergrond papier heb je gebruikt.
fijne weekend
Groetjes Gerrie

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny, nothing wrong with a wonderful card that your son will LOVE
Hope your Hubby is more comfortable and feeling much better
Have a great weekend

Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, So glad that Tony is feeling better, that must have been scary for both of you. Love to you both.
I love your card, and your Son will be 'over the moon' with it, loved reading your write-up on how your Son has done training with the Police. My two Sons (sadly no longer with us) had motor bikes but didn't have much luck with them, the eldest got knocked off his bike and broke his leg, then when he was back at work (he worked at weekends on the door of a club) and some disgruntled person set fire to it behind the club. My youngest's bike was OK until he passed his car test, then he put the bike up for sale, it was an absolute beauty, and one day someone stole it from the front of our house, with my hubby's car behind it !!
I can't begin to wonder what a 50 mile cycle ride would be like, here's hoping your Son wears those padded pants haha, I remember long bike rides with my Dad and I definitely suffered haha.
Have a lovely day, and my love to Tony.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Di said...

Hi Jenny, oh wow - what a worry. Hope your hubby is still feeling better.

I love this card, what's NOT to like? Perfect card for your son and the DI is great!

Thanks for coming to play with us :)

Hugs, Di xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, so sorry about your husband, hope all is well now. This card will be perfect for your son and I think the inking looks just great, hugs Carole Z X

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Jenny - I do hope Tony is feeling loads better now and that you are too! These men do make us worry don't they matey!!! This is a great card so don't worry - I love how you have 'pounced' the DI on your card - very boy friendly methinks. I think your son is going to love this one from his mum!

Hugs to you and Tony

Sue Pxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, sorry I'm late. Nothing wrong with this great male card. We are all very critical of our own work. Hope Tony is feeling better today. Such a worry isn't it? Love and hugs Christine xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, this is a fab male card...don't think otherwise! So sorry to hear about your DH, but glad he is feeling better now, hugs Carole Z X