MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 30 March 2017

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I do hope everyone is keeping well, and for those who may be suffering from any sort of problems may I send big hugs to try and help.

Well I finally got around to my Butterfly Challenge entry.
This card was quite quick to make apart from waiting for my inks, and pixie powders to dry over night.




This is a 6"x6" size card.
I started by putting some Faded Jeans, and Black Soot DI on my glass mat.
I then added my Pixie Powder Firework Burst to my mat, and spritzed it with water.
Put my card onto the wet puddle and smooshed it.
Left it to dry a little, and then mopped a little of the wet with a kitchen towel I then added some stickles to look like stars in the night sky. 
Finally cut out some aperture of butterflies, and then put them back into the apertures.
If that all makes sense.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.





I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

22 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is gorgeous !! I hadn't realised that you had used this technique, I'm loving the result and the lovely butterfly apertures with the rainbow mirri behind, so effective.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, a really lovely card....the butterflies kind of emerge from the card, with the clever use of a mirri card behind. Great Idea !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Wow, Jenny, this is stunning!! I love the colors peeking out from under the beautiful butterflies!! What a gorgeous card this is!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I do love those butterflies. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous Jenny, lovely butterflies and your colours and layout are brilliant, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

This is gorgeous. I love the technique you have used to create the night sky colour. It looks perfect. Love, love thee butterflies die cut and then popped back in and using the mirror card behind has set them off so well. Thankyou for fluttering by the butterfly garden. hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Great make Jenny, love the vibrant colours agains the black soot.

Kath x

Sarah said...

What a brilliant effect Jenny. The background married looks amazing xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Darnell will be so proud that you've done a bit of smooshing lol,
You've smooshed to great effect too. Fantastic background.
Best wishes.
Ang x

pam said...

Fantastic make Jenny, love the vibrant colours under your raised butterflies, beautiful layout.Pam x

meg said...

Wonderful idea to use the mirri card behind the butterfly apertures it makes them shimmer

Chris said...

Beautiful card Jenny, great technique and the butterflies are gorgeous!
Chris
x

scrappymo! said...

Your night sky looks wonderful and this is such a lovely card, Jenny!

Michelle said...

A beautiful butterfly card Jenny - love the design of this card - Michelle x

Sue said...

Fab card my lovely fairy godmother..sorry I haven't been around in so long but it just seems to be two steps forward and three back lately LOL I can't even manage to blog as I did..I hope you and your family are well lots of huggles and sloppies from us all at the J household xxxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

Liz said...

A lovely smooched background for this beautiful card. I really must get round to trying this technique some time. xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a beautiful card! I love the design and those butterflies just make it! Judy x

karenlotty said...

What a lovely technique I will definitely try some smooshing with some Pixie Powders and Distress Ink

Barb said...

It looks gorgeous. I love your smooshed sky. Brbxx

LesleyG said...

what a striking card, it seemed like an optical illusion at first, bet then maybe it was the eye candy that distracted me :) xxx

Pamellia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jenny! I love your work with the pixie powders, the background is so beautiful!! The use of the mirror paper on this one is quite amazing, it really adds elegance and a wonderful contrast between the layers of blue! Really special Jenny! hugs :)

Brenda said...

Wow Jenny, I am loving this background you make with the inks and powders!! That rainbow background is so pretty too and frames you inky background perfectly!! Love how you inlaid your butterfly's but lifted the wings so we can see the beautiful rainbow paper underneath. Well done!! Hugs, Brenda