MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 25 March 2017

RUDOLF CHALLENGE MARCH 2017............DT CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
Today starts the Rudolf Challenge over at 


The challenge runs from the 25th of the month to the end of the month.
The theme is Christmas as always, and it's a wonderful way to get some of your Christmas Cards made early.
There is usually a very fab prize that can be won also.

So here is what I came up with for my DT design.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
I used Hunkydory Rainbow Mirri for my matting.
I then stamped all round the edges with a stamp I bought from Hobbycraft a few years ago.
Can anyone spot the mistake ?
I then stamped my oval stamp that came as a freebie from the Stamping Magazine.
This was all done with my Misti, and Fired Brick DI.
Just added some felt holly leaves bought from the Works.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
I do hope you can join this super challenge.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

 

 

19 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a wonderful Christmas card. It is so good to get ahead with these makes. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

Great make Jenny, love the shade of red you used for your stamping, nothing says Christmas more than red and green

Chris said...

Hi Jenny, hope you're having a good weekend. Can't believe it's Rudolph Day already! Your card is gorgeous, lovely CAS design, looks lovely inside and out...I can see the mistake but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out!!!
hugs
Chris
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Jenny and it got my wanting to hum the tunes to the words on it, definitely way to early to do that in March! :) Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, being absolutely rubbish at stamping, I wouldn't have the nerve to criticize anyone else's efforts. My Nan, always used to say "A blind man would like to see it !". Seems strange to be seeing Christmas cards, but like you say, a good way to a start. Have a good mother's day tomorrow. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

scrappymo! said...

I spotted it but just thought it was part of the design so don't worry...it still looks fabulous!
I so liked the look of the falalalala around the card that I dug out a stamp I have that says that and am going to make a card with it today!
The mirri card looks so festive...this is such a lovely card!

Sarah said...

Nope, I don't see a mistake....only a really lovely Christmas card!! Love the deep red ink and the Holly is a lovely finishing touch xx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the FaLaLa borders!! The holly and berries are a perfect touch!! Beautiful Christmas card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A fantastic card, very quirky with the Fa la la around the edges, so you did a mistake to see if we were 'awake' haha, but we all knew you meant to do that anyway eh !!! I love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Hi Jenny, I have to say that it took me ages to spot the mistake, looks like you have your entry for Darnell April fools challenge.
Love the card, the oval stamp is fabulous and so is the font of the greetings, great addition of the holly.

Kath x

Jean said...

I love the rainbow mirri card you used for the matting Jenny, it looks really festive with your red stamping.
Jean x

Linby said...

lovely layout for your card - the mirri card is just the perfect finishing touch.

Berina RGA said...

Love this card!! The Fa La La La around the border is beautiful. I think I spotted the mistake, but it took me so much time and searching to do :)

KandA said...

Super card and a great design, love the colours xx

AlisonC said...

This is a great card, simple but very effective. And you've done the inside too!

Barb said...

This is a super Christmas card. Great design and I love the sentiments. I wouldn't have noticed if you'd not said but it's a good tip when using the Misti. Hugs, Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Festive and fabulous.
No such thing as mistakes in craft, just things that aren't quite as intended but still look terrific lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Brenda said...

What a fun Christmas card Jenny!! I love the circular sentiment, it makes for a great focal point and I love the way you have stamped the fala la la around the whole card-so fun!!! I will be singing that song now. lol I also love the touch of color with the green holly, that just pulls it all together! Hugs, Brenda

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super stunning Xmas card.

Aaaah yes i did know Mrs A was Faye's mum as Faye told me, as well as Di from Snippets Playground - Faye is so enthusiastic and dealt with me, with kids gloves on, as my confidence had taken a bashing, luv Sam x