MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 26 March 2017

SHABBY CHIC BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
 to all Mother's, and I do hope you are having a great day, and being spoilt by your family.

Today I have a card I just finished so I could join in the Frilly and Funkie Challenge as I do love their challenges.




This is a A5 size card.
The papers I used are Magnolia Lane.
I made the flower from Rose Petals that you buy for wedding table.
Coloured them with Memento Lulu Lavender, and Dandelion for the centre.
Leaves I cut out of some of the Snippets of paper, and coloured them with Memento Bamboo Leaves.
Most of this card was made out of Snippets of paper.
The challenge calls for Know When to Fold Them as a theme so I folded some of the papers just under the flower.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time as I know time is precious to all of us.

21 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the papers are beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

A beautiful shabby chic card Jenny, fabulous papers and L/o, the flower is a stunner! Hope you've had a lovely Mother's Day.
Chris
x

Sarah said...

Ooh, this is such a special card Jenny. I love the dimension and the pretty colours. Hope you have had a good weekend xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jenny, inside and out. Lovely design. xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Another fabulous card, I'm loving the colours and also the paper folding, very effective.
I hope you are having a great Mothering Sunday.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

That certainly is frilly and funky, loads of gorgeous embellishments and some lovely papers inside.
Super card.

Kath x

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Jenny!! What beautiful papers!! I love the layers and the gorgeous flower!! It looks amazing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Jenny! I love the paper folding on it, and those beautiful papers as well. The flower is just stunning and I love the little post card. Thanks for your sweet words on my blog Jenny, you are a sweetheart! All is well in my neck of the woods. Happy Mother's Day!!! Hugs, Brenda

meg said...

Beautiful papers flower and layout a stunning card

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow Jenny, love your design and layering on this beautiful card. Certainly fits the theme for the challenge beautifully.
Lorraine

Di said...

What a stunning card Jenny! So pretty and loads of wonderful detail - great use of snippets too. I do love the folding, great touch!

Hugs

Di xx

KandA said...

Beatiful card Jenny, such pretty papers and fabulous details xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What an absolutely beautiful design! Thanks for this inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

MaryH said...

Awesome! Love all the 'shabby chic' layers, embellishements & extra details you've dropped onto this gorgeous card...brilliant idea to have the folded fan in that pretty paper, love the torn piece, and you are really developing a style with this look.I love the tiny vintage rose paper on the inside very much too. Well done! TFS & Hugs

pam said...

Wow this is stunning Jenny, love the shabby look with gorgeous papers and layout.
Hugs Pam x

Barb said...

This really is a lovely card Jenny. It's such a pretty colour and I love all the texture and pretty embellishments. Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Stunning card. Love all the layers and depth you've got. Beautiful!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a pretty spring card! I love the folded fan paper behind your pretty flower. I'm so glad you played along with us at Frilly and Funkie! Clearly, you know when to fold 'em!

Pamellia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jenny! I love the soft colour palette with the purples, pinks and blues, just lovely! The layering is wonderful, I enjoy all the ripped and torn edges, so shabby! Your big blossom is just lovely, and the postcard is a wonderful element! A really gorgeous card Jenny, love love love!! sending hugs :)

Cec said...

Lovely card with a super pretty colour palette. The folded paper behind that focal flower sets it off beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Zoe Hillman said...

Such a pretty card and clever way to fold. Thanks for joining the Frilly & Funkie "You've got to know when to fold 'em" challenge.