MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 6 April 2017

HUMMINGBIRD NBUS BOO HOO CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends.

I do hope you are all having a good week as the weather here in my part of Kent has been glorious for quite a few days.

Bathroom is well under way tiling just being done at the mo just one problem all the dust all over the bungalow even though we closed the doors it has still got everywhere.

This morning I thought I would get some Eater cards made for a few friends well I used a Nbus stamp I have had for a while, and boy did I make a Boo Hoo colouring it so I thought I would be able to join in Darnell's Nbus April Fools  Boo Hoo Challenge.
Funnily I was making the card for Darnell so I hope she doesn't mind my showing it before she gets it.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
I started by cutting out a circle with a die  so I could mask off the centre of the card while I ink dusted it with Peacock Feathers DI
I then stamped my Heartfelt Creations Humming Bird stamp with Memento Black Ink this was my first Boo Hoo as I wanted to watercolour it.
So I used my Derwent water colour pencils without the water.
2nd Boo Hoo was I coloured the buds of the Orchid the sane colour as the flower instead of Green.
3rd Boo Hoo the stamp I used to stamp the inside fell apart while stamping, and gave me a few extra black marks.
The Happy Easter Die is also a Nbus item that I won on Mary's candy last year so thank you so much Mary for this wonderful die.

Thank you for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

20 comments:

Cara said...

Well, you did a fantastic job saving this card, it's beautiful. You've inspired me to dig that stamp out of my collection and have another play with it. Cara x

Lisa said...

It's so beautiful!! I wouldn't have even noticed the booboos!! I love the colors and the sweet hummingbird!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Jenny, xxxx

MaryH said...

Oh this is so pretty, and I'm glad you explained the Boo-hoos, cause I surely didn't see any! Just lovely soft coloring and the die looks lovely on this design! So pleased you were able to put it to good use! Our Miss D will love this one for certain! TFS & Big hugs.

Jean said...

Pretty card, I love the colours and the stamp.
Jean x

Sue said...

This is lovely I never noticed the boo hoos :) my lovely fairy godmother lots of sloppies and huggles from the J household....Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

Kathleen said...

A gorgeous image and fabulous colours and I have to say I had to go back and look at the card for the boo boo's but I don't see why the buds shouldn't be purple.

Kath x

Sarah said...

I must need glasses...no boo hoo there!! Love the beautiful colours Jenny and of course a hummer is the perfect image for Darnell xx

pam said...

Well this is fantastic Jenny, would never no about the boo hoo`s if you had`nt said.
Hugs Pam x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jenny, lovely image and design, fabulous colours too, Kate x

Chris said...

Well it looks gorgeous to me Jenny, lovely image, beautifully coloured and fab design!
The weather has been fantastic hasn't it??:))
Chris
x

Darnell said...

I don't mind at all, Jenny! Now I am looking forward to owning this pretty work of art! It might have been a happy accident about the ink because your pencil colouring is perfect! I just love that hummer image so much and I think your orchids are pretty, too, both flower and buds! Thank you so much for being a great sport and sharing your boo-boos and playing in the Hop and NBUS Challenge #11! I hope your gorgeous weather continues!! Love ya, Darnell

meg said...

Wonderful design and colouring Jenny, love the happy easter die

Dr Sonia S V said...

Simply fabulous ....lovely coloring
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Barb said...

Well in spite of your boo-boos your card looks gorgeous Jenny. It's a really pretty stamp and the colours look beautiful. Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Such a pretty card and Mrs K does love her hummers.
Good luck in the challenge.
Ang x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, You might think this is a 'Boo Hoo' card, but I think it is marvellous, I love it !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your card. And, your little boo boos are not that noticeable. In fact, I cannot see any myself. I think the buds could very well be the same color as the flowers.

Brenda said...

Yes, that dust get's everywhere doesn't it?! I know it did here too even though we tried to prevent it like you guys did. Just didn't work though. lol
This is a beautiful card Jenny!! I don't think you boo boo'd on the buds as they can be the color of the flowers and I would have thought it was supposed to be like this. Your coloring without water looks so pretty and you must have hide the smudges on the inside very well as I don't see any! For a boo boo card it certainly came out very pretty!!! Hugs, Brenda