MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 10 April 2017

VINTAGE SHABBY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I do hope you all had a good weekend, and the weather was as lovely as it was in my part of Kent.

Bathroom still being worked on we have the new flooring to be laid, and the decorating is being done at the moment.
All tiles up and they look lovely.
So hopefully it will all be finished in a few days time.
The bathroom will now be a wet room as we have had the bath taken out, and  a wet room shower installed.
This will make it much easier for both of us.

So onto my card today which I made for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge, and I just made the deadline.
Not happy with how this one turned out see what you think about it.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
I started by stamping my background with some Nbus stamps I have had for a while.
I then distressed all the edges of the card, and inked the edges with Frosty Mink colour cloud ink to give it and aged look.
All the items on this card have been stamped with Memento  Tuxedo Black Ink.
As I have used some Nbus stamps, and made slight Boo Hoo on the bottom left corner where I cut my measuring tape the wrong way I will be joining Darnell,s Nbus Boo Hoo Challenge with this.
Also I used quite a few snippets to do my stamping on  so I will join my playground friends with this too.

Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

21 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love the design. It sounds like the bathroom is progressing well. Not long and it will be finished. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Wendy L said...

I think it looks great Jenny. Will be worth all the mess in the bathroom, !!!!

cuilliesocks said...

It's a fabulous card Jenny and I love the vintage look, great male card, Kate x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A lovely vintage card.
Your new wet room is coming on well, bet you will be glad when it's done.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Di said...

Great card Jenny - I love all the detail you include! Great design and the colours work beautifully as well. Good that the bathroom is almost finished - normality will resume soon!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

It's fabulous, Jenny!! I love the design and the papers you used!! The inside is amazing, too!! Good luck with the rest of the bathroom remodel!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

meg said...

Love your card Jenny, great for a guy of any age.

Chris said...

I love it Jenny...the design, papers and colours are gorgeous, fabulous L/O..love how the design is echoed inside.
Chris
x

Sarah said...

A lovely card Jenny, great to see navy for a change. The new wet room sounds fabulous xx

pam said...

Lovely card Jenny, glad your bathrooms coming along.
Pam x

Darnell said...

Okay, if you say that's a boo boo, Jenny, then I believe you, but it looks okay to me, lol! This is an amazing work of art! And what a lot of work at that! I'm really impressed and just love all the elements in your manly design! Thank you so much for playing with me again!! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Kathleen said...

Well I think it looks great for the challenge, but I am no expert on Vintage, shabby as it is really not my thing.
Good idea for the wet room, I really struggle getting out of the bath these days, lol, lucky we have a shower room too.

Kath x

Cara said...

I'd have never spotted the mistake if you hadn't pointed it out. A lovely distressed card. Cara x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the vintage, distressed look, perfect for a male card I think, you've done a fabulous job.
Lorraine

Barb said...

A fabulous vintage card Jenny. I LOVE it! Barbxx

Brenda said...

Ha! I didn't even notice the boo boo with the tape! When I read that I had to go back and look for it!! I love this card Jenny. The stamps are so cool, I especially love the measuring tape one. The eye chart is cool too, heck they are all very cool!! I love the vintage feel this card has and I love your tags. I'd say this card is a winner!!! Hugs, Brenda

Suzanne C said...

Charming card. Lovely pockets and tags inside and out! Love the diagonal design! Thanks for playing along with us in the Frilly and Funkie Count Me In Challenge!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love all these wonderful pockets and tags! Great use of numbers, too!Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Count Me In Challenge on Frilly and Funkie!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This has a lovely Vintage feel to it, and once again, the inside of your card is just as stunning as the outside, it must take you ages. I'll have to try a little harder to make mine look a little prettier inside. It'a superb card Jenny and I love that you cards all vary in colours and style. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Cec said...

Great card with a nice vintage vibe. Love the colour palette and the pockets and tags - would work very well for a fellow. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Not sure why you're unhappy as its great. Would never have noticed the tape if you hadn't mentioned it.
Best wishes.
Ang x