MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 7 July 2017

MINI WRAP JOURNAL


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I have been working on this Mini Wrap Journal for a few days on and off  as I thought it was a lovely idea.
You can find the excellent tutorial HERE 
if you would like to have a go your self. 
Sorry this is picture heavy.


Here I made slanted pockets to put photos in.
In the middle here I made a flap pocket for more storage.


Then on the back of that I made a page with more storage with a magnetic catch.

 

The other thing I did was to stick more of the card stock to the inside of the covers to make them more sturdy.
Couldn't find any lined pages the size I wanted so I made my own.
All the papers used are from the 12x12 paper pad I bought at B&M for the grand price of £2.49, and it was double sided, and 250gsm, except for the Humming Bird cards in the centre and ribbon which is Heartfelt Creations.
The yellow card on the spine and the middle was snippets so I will be joining my playground friends with this.
I will also be joining the Butterfly Challenge as I have added a dangling key to my journal.

Hope you like my version as I do like trying something new quite often.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

21 comments:

Wendy L said...

Jenny this us wonderful, I know these things take alot of time, so gorgeous, xxx

Wendy L said...

Jenny this us wonderful, I know these things take alot of time, so gorgeous, xxx

meg said...

A mini work of art Jenny, love this

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This is fabulous, I noticed some of the Heartfelt Creations papers, a fabulous creation.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Chris said...

It's gorgeous Jenny! Beautiful papers and so well designed. I haven't made a mini album for ages, going to check out this tutorial and have a go, thanks for the inspiration! Hope you're managing to stay cool in this heat!
Chris
x

Di said...

Really beautiful Jenny! It must have taken ages to make but what a lovely result! Loving all the papers and of course the humming birds too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

How beautiful Jenny, I bet this was a real labour of love. Your album cover is very pretty and I love the touches of ruby red against the cream background and the lace is lovely too. Wishing you a happy and colourful weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Jenny I can see a lot of work went into this gorgeous project. Beautifuly designed and so much detail, a lovely gift for someone, Kate x

Lisa said...

Wow, this had to take so much time to make and it's spectacular!! The papers, the details, the design - everything is stunning!! What a gorgeous project!! Love, love it!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Janice said...

Wow Jenny, you've been so busy!! Looks great, a perfect gift for someone travelling / gap year . Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Wow, this is such a pretty journal and so much work put into it. Stunning x

Sarah said...

Blimey Jenny this is fantastic, I love the different pockets and the addition of the notebook. I am sorely tempted to make one, fill it with pictures of Mollie Rose and carry in my handbag as a "brag book"!! Offton look at the tutorial!! xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is absolutely stunning I love it. There is so much work you have put into this it is something to treasure. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Patricia said...

Good evening Jenny, love, love, love your beautiful album.
I have all the ingredients to make an Album, I just need to find time plus the get up and go to actually start.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Patricia xxx

Kathleen said...

A wonderful creation Jenny, some lovely papers and doesn't it just make you cross to think how much mark up there must be on some of the papers we use.
Some great images too.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful project Jenny, love these papers and details on your wonderful book..
Hugs Pam

Jean said...

This is beautiful Jenny. I love the papers and embellishments you used. You have done a great job with it. This is the kind of project that I really enjoy.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

I adore your little journal. Love all the colour combinations and the embellishments. Also all those hidden pockets and places for notes. Love the dangling key element.to. Thank you for fluttering into the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Tina Z. said...

wow, this is simply stunning, I love all these embellishments and your design.
Thank you for playing with us at Butterfly Challenge, Tina Z., GD

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a lovely project. A real labour of love. Those B&M pads are great. I got a blue one. A bargain.
Have a great week.
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

your journal is wonderful. The papers were such a great bargain and a lovely weight too, I might add. So perfect for journals.

I like all the pockets and paper patterns that you used. My grandaughter has always journalled since she could print and spell. (Well, to be honest, spell somewhat) lol
The other day she asked me about making her next journal together as she would like to sketch wildlife (birds etc) as well as add pictures. i will show her your journal as inspiration.