MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 10 July 2018

3 APERTURES CARD


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also a welcome to anyone who just pops by to look at my work.

 Wendy our team leader on the MAWTT has a sketch challenge on F/Book every week, and I try my best to enter most weeks if I can and if  you win she sends you some lovely prizes.
You can join in by visiting her blog HERE
So my card today is the one I made for last weeks challenge. 


  
This is a 7"x7" size card.
Te papers are from Creative Crafting World and were a freebie with the C&C craft club.
I die cut the apertures with John Lockwood's Mini Tags die.
Used some non shed glitter card my sister sent me underneath.
Butterflies were made by Wendy our team leader.
Used dark grey card for my matting.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really appreciate every visit, and comment.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY. 

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Really beautiful Jenny - lot the effect of the apertures with the butterflies. I hope your daughter enjoyed her 50th birthday even though it ended early with the heat - Michelle x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love the design and the butterflies are so pretty. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

wonderful papers layout and colours, love the tiny butterflies

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny

I saw this card on Wendy's blog and really like it, and the card inside is fabulous, as always

Happy crafting....

June

Aquarius said...

The three apertures make a nice card design - good colour choice too

Mia said...

Wow Jenny! What a brilliant card!!!!!!!! Beautiful inside and outside! I LOVE the butterflies! Kisses, my friend.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love how you framed the pretty butterflies!! The design and papers are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

Such a beautiful design for summertime, Jenny! I love it both outside and in!! I hope the heat has lessened for you and you are enjoying summer! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

Super card, Jenny. I love the design with the apertures going up diagonally. xx

Sarah said...

What a fabulous design Jenny, lovely paper and the apertures house those pretty butterflies perfectly xx

Claire said...

Ooh I love the little windows with the glittery sparkly background for the bright butterflies. Super design Jenny and as always the inside is equally as gorgeous as the outside x

Chris said...

Fabulous design and papers, love the sparkly apertures with the tiny butterflies, beautifully finished inside too!
hugs
Chris
x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A really lovely card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Brenda said...

What a lovely card Jenny! I love those papers, the orange is just so pretty with those big flowers everywhere and who can resist some glitter paper for added bling?! Beautiful card indeed and I love the way you did the openings where those pretty butterflies are. Hugs, Brenda

Kathleen said...

This is certainly a very different design of card and a great way of showing off the butterflies. Love the sparkle and design.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Love how you've used this bold floral design with the apertures and the boxes with the golden butterflies. The sparkle of the silver glitter paper behind the white frame, the pearl trimmed corners, just added a lovely detail. Also like how you added the center pearls to the flowers in the background. It's just a lovely card Jenny! Hope you are well, staying cool. TFS &Hugs

Lia said...

I like the 3 apertures very much, because this is so original. Maybe I will use this idea on one of my future cards, if that's ok with you?
Yes, we had a great time in the UK without any rain (well, one shower at the beginning when we were staying in Oxford). Wales and Shropshire are so beautiful, we will go there again for sure, especially Wales has caught us!
Have a great day,
Lia xx

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, a lovely card, the framed butterflies look great, love non shedding glitter paper, have a wonderful week... Megan