MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 3 July 2018

CASTLE RUINS ON THE HILL


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented, and craft loving friends.

Also a welcome to anyone who just pops by to look at my work.

Now at the beginning of the year I promised myself I would use more of my stamps as I subscribe to the Creative Stamping Magazine, and I get lots of stamps with each issue.
Last month I received the stamps I used in this card, and thought they would be excellent to use for the Allsorts Challenge this week.
So I created this scene card, and am very happy with how it turned out.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
Now I hope this fits the theme as I thought the little deer looked like a baby one.
Made a mistake as I should have stamped the deer first, and then masked it off to create the scene so I went with fussy cutting it out and adding after.
I inked dusted my sky and grass, but wasn't happy with the grass result so I water coloured it with inks and water.
I also water coloured the deer, and the tree too.
Stamped some clouds in white, and the flock of birds with London Fog Ink.
I used the London Fog for the castle ruins too.
Grasses were stamped with lots of different colour greens.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really appreciate each visit, and comment.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

 

24 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks wonderful Jenny would make a great Christmas card with snow instead of grass.
And thanks for entering it into Allsorts, xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

I've just bought my copy today Jenny and aren't the stamps marvellous!!
Your card is fabulous, wonderful design and colours, I love how you've framed the scene and embellished it, Kate x

brenda said...

Hello Jenny,

You have created a really lovely scene which sits beautifully within the frame and draws the eye, looks like the place for a peaceful walk on a Summers day. And as Wendy said it would work equally well for a Winters card.

As always it's lovely to see you at Allsorts challenge, I always enjoy my visit to see what you have created.

B x

Aquarius said...

What a beautiful scene you've created and the ruins are really good stamped in grey rather than stark black. Love the way you coloured the sky too - a great card altogether.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love the scene you have created. Those stamps are gorgeous. Have a great evening. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sarah said...

What a fantastic card Jenny. Love the colours of the sky and the depth you have achieved building the lovely scene xx

MaryH said...

This is a beautiful result, Jenny! I had fun reading your journey with this card, and I think it's turned out just fantastic. Love the gray color you selected for the castle too. How fab that your magazine has such terrific stamps. I'm finding it difficult to get 'real' stamping magazines these days. Occasionally in JoAnn's I can find a couple of the UK ones. Have a good week. TFS & Hugs

Chris said...

It's lovely Jenny, you've created a beautiful scene with your stamps, inks and watercolours, it's a fabulous card!
hugs
Chris
x

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! I love the scene you've created!! It's so gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!! The grazing deer are a perfect touch!! Wow!! Love this, Jenny!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is a brilliant 'scene' card, I adore 'scene' cards, and I love, love, love these fawns, they are so cute.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous scene Jenny, love the castle and the lovely deer, all the colouring is brilliant.
Thank you for joining our 'Baby Animals' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, a very pretty scene and love the bright colours around the edge of the card... I subscribe to a magazine and rarely use the freebies too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

meg said...

your watercolours are beautiful and vibrant, fantastic scene the deer are gorgeous

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It's a gorgeous card Jenny, such a lovely scene and your colours are beautiful.
Lorraine

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jenny

You've created a lovely scene and your colouring is excellent

I've sent you an email with some crafty info you may like to check out

June x

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a stunning scene Jenny! I love your sky and grass-the castle looks so great "up on the hill" and looks far off. The deer are beautiful as is the tree. Hugs, Brenda

Mervi said...

Fabulous and stunning card, beautiful scene.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, love the scene you have created,
Pam x

Mia said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jenny! Kisses!!!!!!

Craftyhugs said...

Love love love this Jenny. Scenes are my favourite at the moment and you've done an excellent jpb. So sorry I've not commented on your other post I've just been so busy at home with personal issues and crafting to distract myself. I hope you're well ? Xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jenny, you've created a wonderful scene. xx

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Gorgeous colors in your beautiful card, Jenny -- inside and out! Lovely! I am one of your newest followers.
hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Gorgeous colors in your beautiful card, Jenny -- inside and out! Lovely! I am one of your newest followers.
hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Fab card and that's a great scene you have created.The tree in particular looks so life like.
Ang x