MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 20 September 2015

BUTTERFLY CHALLNGE 38 Y IS YARN

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends,
and visitors.
I am still having a few probs with my internet,
 and it's driving me mad when I try and comment.
This seems to be an intermittent fault so lets hope
it gets sorted soon.
Anyway I do hope you are all enjoying your 
weekend, and the weather is being kind to you.

Today I have a card I made especially for the 
Butterfly Challenge.
The letter involved with this challenge is Y for
Yarn so here is my entry.

  

This is a 6"x6" easel card.
The shaped card was one I bought many moons
ago from Kanban.
I glued 2 together to make it sturdy for an easel.
I then covered it with paper.
I used a snippet of card, and silver yarn to 
create the design, so I'm off to the snippets playground to join my playground pals  as well.
Butterflies were bought for me by my sister.

Thank you for your visit, and the wonderful
comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/38-butterflies-y-is-for-yarn.html
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/pixies-snippets-playground-week-195.html 

27 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Jenny this is beautiful! I love the shapes and how you have woven your silver yarnround. It's gorgeous! Hugs Christine xx

Wendy L said...

Jenny this is gorgeous, xxx

Kim said...

gorgeous card Jenny, love the blues, purples and silver together!
Kim x

Michelle said...

The purple and silver colours are gorgeous Jenny - I love this card - it's stunning - Michelle x

Marie-Louise said...

Jenny this is gorgeous. Thank you for your kind message it is very much appreciated.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow beautiful Jenny I love everything about this card!!
Kevin xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jenny, such fabulous dies and embellishments, love your easel design too, Kate x

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny, this is fabulous!! What a brilliant way to incorporate yarn and the colour is fabulous with the silver accents, well done on a great job!! xx

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jenny. I love the shaped part at the top and the colours are gorgeous. xx

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and a great shape of the card, love the way you have used the yarn.

Kath x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is very pretty Jenny, the blue and silver compliment each other so well and your design is beautiful.
Lorraine

MaryH said...

WOW! The colors on the butterflies are gorgeous and so iridescent. Love the spirelli effect that covered the 'yarn' part of the challenge, and again - more sparkle. It's a brilliant design, and just a beautiful card. Love the easel shape. Good luck with the internet problems...so aggravating when you're playing catchup. I missed 2 days (housework...ugh!) so this afternoon is catchup again for me! Take care, and TFS such a marvelous card. Hugs

Carol L said...

This is such an incredible creation with amazing details! It must have taken you all day to put it together! I love the sparkly yarn woven on the medallion, and those butterflies are just divine! Beautiful card!

karenlotty said...

Great idea I saw Spirelli for the first time at Ally Pally today! Where have I been!

Jean said...

I love the colours you used for this beautiful card Jenny. The papers are very pretty and so are the butterflies.
Jean x

Erika said...

Jenny a beautiful butterfly easel card. You so have my sympathy with your internet problems, we get so lost without it don't we? I hope the fault is sorted soon for you, on the upside I'm sure you'll get more crafting done. ;)

Hugs Erika. x

Di said...

Oh WOW Jenny - what a truly stunning card! Beautiful in every detail and the vivid and rich colours are just fabulous! LOVE it!!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

I was just going to say exactly the same as Di (above) . . .but she's said it all for me!

FANTASTIC card Jenny.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This card is lovely, I'm loving your use of the Yarn, quite spirelli-like, lovely colours too.
Let's hope your internet gets 'well' soon.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This card is lovely, I'm loving your use of the Yarn, quite spirelli-like, lovely colours too.
Let's hope your internet gets 'well' soon.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Beautiful card and fab colour.
Busy weekend at Ally Pally so trying to catch up and keep my eyes open lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Jacee said...

This is so gorgeous Jenny, what a lovely colour, fabulous design, and I do love those butterflies!
hope your internet soon gets sorted, it's so frustrating when it dos'nt want to play fair!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Mrs A. said...

Your yarn weaving looks just like a spiders web and the coloured thread is perfect to help created the effect. Love the gorgeous vibrant purple along with the butterflies. Thankyou for fluttering by #38. hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

This is fabulous Jenny, love your use of the yarn. Carol x

scrappymo! said...

This is a gorgeous card. Beautitful design and such a perfect idea for the winding of that glimmery thread. Great idea to strengthen the card base by glueing two together.

scrappymo! said...

This is a gorgeous card. Beautitful design and such a perfect idea for the winding of that glimmery thread. Great idea to strengthen the card base by glueing two together.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I think I missed this one, Jenny, but I just saw it over at the playground as one of Di's picks! What a beautiful card! Wow, I love those butterflies!