MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 26 June 2016

RUDOLF CHALLENGE...JUNE 2016

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Sending big hugs to those of you in need of a hug this morning, as I know a few friends that are in need of this.

Today I am posting my Rudolf Challenge card.
Now I thought I couldn't enter this month as I am one of Scrappymo's design team this year, but Mo let me know I can enter this month, and not from next month when I start.
So here is what I am entering this month.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The image is from Squeeze Cards Christmas Cottage Delights CD.
I matted and layered the image, and then added some suede ribbon to the side with wooden snowflakes on top. 
The sentiment is a stamp from LOTV, and is embossed with Sea Foam White embossing powder which I have had for years.

Thank you so much for your visit, and the wonderful comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/june-rudolph-days-challenge.html 

25 comments:

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, lovely Xmas card.....such a jolly snowman. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Love this image Jenny and the snowflakes look fabulous xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, love your traditionl card, what a brilliant topper, beautifully designed too, Kate x

Liz said...

Super card, Jenny. Great image, reminds me of my childhood. The snowflakes look striking against the red.

Visiting your blog with my Rudolph Days DT members hat on. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month. Good Luck!

Looking forward to seeing your fabulous Christmas creations, as one the new DT members. xx

Mrs A. said...

Great card. Love that image and the colours you have gone for. Congratulations on being on the new design team. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

Lovely card, what a heartwarming image. Cara x

Chris said...

A beautiful card Jenny, with a lovely traditional image. The snowflakes look gorgeous on the red suede ribbon.
PS You are already a follower of my blog, thank you :)!
Have a good week
Chris
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love this Jenny, it reminds me of being a child at Christmas, it's such a sweet image and looks wonderful mounted on the red card. I love the snowflakes down the side too as they add extra interest and again, they really pop against the red background. Congratulations on your DT role, you'll be a real asset to Mo's team. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Patricia said...

Great card Jenny, that is a brilliant topper.
Christmas Cards .... me I am still waiting for Summer!!!!
Patricia x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A beautiful Christmas card, and I want to 'live' in this thatched cottage haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A beautiful Christmas card, and I want to 'live' in this thatched cottage haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother what a gorgeous Christmas card ..Maureen is so nice it was good to meet her in person:)) huggles Sue xxxxxxxxx

LesleyG said...

What a delightful scene, love the ribbon and snowflakes that add a touch of luxury xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny love all the glitter you've added. You also reminded me that I have this CD tucked away somewhere.

Sue xx

Valerija said...

Wonderful Christmas card. Love the colour combo and amazing image. Love it!
Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

Pamellia said...

Fabulous holiday card Jenny. Love the vintage image and the 3d snowflakes are just wonderful. Red is always a fav of mine for Christmas, so festive! hugs :)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Superb traditional design & love the wooden snowflakes.
I'll grab a hug. Always nice to have one lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous traditional image with the beautiful ribbon and snowflakes along side it. A super Christmas make.
Lorraine

KandA said...

What a fabulous christmas card Jenny. Love that super winter image and great design xx

scrappymo! said...

This adorable snowman card is lovely. What a great idea to use the red suede ribbon down the right side with the snowflakes! I really like the look of that!
Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge!

MaryH said...

Congratulations on being a Rudy Day DT. This is a delightful scene on your pretty card. Love the bright & cheery red.. those snowflakes trailing on the side, look quite icy. Easy to see these kids are having such fun building this snowman. Nice to see some chill on a hot day. A very pretty design on this one, and as usual, the inside is so pretty as well. TFS & Hugs (saw Mo's comment about the suede ribbon, scrolled back up to have a closer look. I thought that was cardstock until a closer look shows that velvet texture. Brilliant way to do the border!!)

Erika said...

A lovely traditional style of Christmas card Jenny.

Hugs Erika. x

Kathleen said...

Can't understand why this didn't show on my dashboard, weird.
Really lovely image and I especially like the little bit of snow for the kids to enjoy and not too much to keep us in.
Great snowflake border too.

Kath x

Joan said...

Lovely traditional image and lovely snowflakes

mamapez5 said...

A lovely card jenny. The CD images are useful for making cards for Christmas. The snowflakes and sparkle just finish it off nicely. I like the way you always take trouble with your inserts too. Kate x