MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 27 June 2016

HUBBIES BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
It was my DH Birthday last Tuesday, and he has a mobility scooter because he can't walk too far these days.
So when I saw this image at Doctor Digi's I just had to have it.
Now this looks nothing like my DH, but he does wear glasses quite similar, and sometimes forgets to put his shoes on so I thought the slippers part was appropriate.
By the way he loved it thank goodness.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I coloured the digi image in with Promarkers, but started to run out of the navy while colouring the trousers.
So they are a bit patchy.
When I had finished colouring my image I photographed it, and made the paper to match with my 3D Decoupage CD from Card Creations Plus.
I also added glossy accents to the glasses.

Thank you for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

18 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super, fun image Jenny and a fantastic card for your hubby's birthday. Love how you created the backing paper from the image too.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the papers to match, great fun card.

Kath x

pam said...

Fantastic fun card for your hubby Jenny, brilliant image and colours.
love the colours.
Pam x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Haha this is a fab image, I'm sure your husband loved his card
Hugs Kelly

karenlotty said...

I'm so behind in blogging - sorry Going to go back and look at what I've missed Terrific card for your husband Would make a great card for my husband as a joke as at 62 he thinks he's still a teenager!

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Jenny. Such a great image and so well coloured.

Patricia said...

Jenny, what a fantastic "fun" card, love it.
Patricia x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This is a fabulous card for Tony, so glad he loved it. You seem to get the most interesting digi's, I really must do a 'search', yours are fabulous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, great card for hubby.....he must have a good sense of humour !!! I must invest in that cd as you always get good results when you've used it. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, Its a really great card, I thought old mens trousers were naturally
patchy, you could have added a few food stains haha!! Bet he loved the card and the humour xx

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely love this card for your hubby. Its so fun and I am sure he had a good chuckle receiving it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, fab fun card for your Hubby, brilliantly designed too, Kate x

Erika said...

Jenny what a great card, love the image. I don't think my hubby would see the humour in it as he has a bad knee at the moment but it did make me giggle. Glad to hear your hubby loved it.

Hugs Erika. x

Sue B said...

Awww this is brilliant Jenny! I bet this gave your hubby a chuckle… it's great when you can find images that relate in this way! :-)
Hope you are well hun
Love and hugs Sue B xx

Cara said...

Fab card, what a great way to make the background paper! Cara x

Chris said...

Fabulous and fun! Brilliant image, glad your DH saw the funny side :) Love the matching background paper!
Chris
x

Sarah said...

What a fun card Jenny, bet he loved It! Hope he had a good day xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant fun card Jenny, I bet he loves it!
Kevin xx