MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 19 September 2014

OLDIE FOR FRIDAY

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.
Thank you for your continued support of my 
work, and all the wonderful comments you 
always make on my work. 

Well I can't believe it's Friday again already. 
The weeks are just flying by and soon it will
be the C time of the year.
Now as it's Friday, it's time to join Erika HERE
with your Oldie for Friday.
I was visiting Erika's blog yesterday and she
posted the most beautiful book she had made
for her mother to carry pictures of her 
grandchildren in her bag.
 So this reminded me of my little baby books 
I made, and I thought my newer followers
might like to see them.
I made 8 of these over a period of a year, as my
sisters grandchildren were all expecting over
this period, and they were made for my nieces
and nephews to give them.
So sorry this post is a bit picture heavy.


This is the front cover.



This is the back of the book.


This is the middle of the book.


And lastly the box.

This is a 6"x6" size book card, and box to fit.
The image and the papers are from the Joanna
Sheen Baby Love CD.
I coloured my American Seam Binding Ribbon
Bow with Distress Ink to get the lovely pink
colour. 
I used pink chalk round the patterned edge of
 the box.
All other items from my stash.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

17 comments:

Hazel said...

Jenny loved your little books when I saw them the first time and I still live them. Hazel xx

aussie aNNie said...

Jenny don't ever apologize for long posts, if they are all like this I spent ages taking in all the gorgeous bits added...love this project, the colours and gorgeous box....everything is gorgeous.xxxThe Journey is the Start

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,
Absolutely stunning creations. One of my all time favourite images that I use a lot.
I love how you always make such beautiful boxes to go with your beautiful cards.
Have a great day

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny
I really love this book, it is so pretty and a perfect keepsake. Well done you are a very talented lady.
Take care
Love Sue xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, What an amazingly beautiful project and a definite keepsake for the recipients. Absolutely stunning.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarah said...

Just stunning Jenny, your attention to detail is always "spot on"!! xx

vic said...

Oh my gosh jenny this is so beautiful! You have put so much creativity and work into this it's amazing! What a cute baby too :)
Hugs
Vic x

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother..sorry I haven't been visiting your blog but I've just been catching up on your stunning!!!! creations..and oh my this one is absolutely gorgeous:) what a beautiful keepsake and so much has gone into this...have a wonderful weekend lots of huggles and sloppies off Ollie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, beautiful little book, Wonderful baby images, and embellishments, super work, hugs Kate x

Erika said...

Hi Jenny what a lovely keepsake too, I love how you coordinate the inside and the box too, I'm sure it will be treasured.

Have a super weekend and thank you for joining me sharing an oldie today, hugs Erika. x

Jacee said...

Beautiful work Jenny, you've done a lovely job on this, so gorgeous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, I remember these and thanks revisiting, they are really lovely keepsakes, hugs Carole Z X

Jean said...

What a beautiful little book, a real keepsake piece. I love the main image and all the little embellishments, so skillfully put together.
Jean x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a lovely gift for the family to treasure.
Was at John's yesterday when we read about your granddaughter. Shame you can't make the show but I hope that all will be well with your granddaughter and the baby.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Totally gorgeous creation.

KAth x

MaryH said...

Jenny you are a marvel! What a super idea to create this kind of book for new babies, and I am certain whomever got one of these pretty keepsakes was thrilled to bits. These are decorated with your usual attention to detail, and I loved the little trinkets that unfold in the center of the books. The front cover captured my attention with that sweet baby and the pretty jewels in the square. Then you continued with the wonderful gift box to house this treasure. I'm sure every one who got this from you, will keep it for a treasured heirloom. It really is a special way to celebrate a new little life. TFS & happy weekend. Hugs

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wouu Jenny je heb er veel werk mee gehad.
Maar de kaart en het doosje zijn Schitterend
Fijne zondag
Gerrie