MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

PURPLE AND WHITE CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my friends, and
visitors.
Thank you sooooooo! much for your visit and
the wonderful comments you make about my
work.

Well we had singing practice at my place yesterday afternoon, and we are one person
short now so there is only 4 of us singing, and
the keyboard player.
Started practicing Christmas songs, ready for
our shows at Christmas.

Now today I have a card I made just because
I had this idea, and it's for nobody in particular,
so there is no sentiment on it.




This is a 8"x8" size card.
I used my cosmic shimmer glue dots around
the edge of my purple card, these are not very
good as mine are at least  2years old, and 
not working so well, will have to buy more.
I then inked my white card with clear embossing
ink, and dusted it all over with white silvery 
mica powder, which doesn't show up too well
in the photo. 
The mica powder is at least 8 years old, and it's from Lindy's Stamping Gang.
I then cut out 3 of the Sue Wilson dies called
Fern Trio in the center.
Next I embossed the card with a Teresa Collins
embossing folder.
I added some double sided sticky paper to the
back of my cut out design, and Mica Flaked it
with Indigo Blu Mica Flakes called Eton Mess.
I then put the Fern Trio back over the mica flakes.
I made my organza flower by cutting out some
organza material into circles by hand, pinning
them together with a brad, and using my heat
gun to curl them.

Thank you again for your visit and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

18 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful Jenny. Such a pity about your little singing group. Hazel xx

Irene said...

Hello Jenny

A beautiful card I love the idea of the glimmer dots around the card, they look so special.
Your use of purple and white is so elegant. The ferns inside and out finish your card perfectl.y

luv
irene
xxxx

Sarn said...

A lovely luscious card. xxx

Di said...

Oh this really is lovely Jenny! And I'm sorry your stamps are lonely - I truly wish everyone could have won - in the end!

Hugs, Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Jenny what a gorgeous shade of purple and along with the white is so striking, wonderful embellishments.
What a pity your little singing group is reduced. Hope you will be able to keep going as I'm sure it's well received at your nursing homes, and I know you enjoy it so much, you take care, hugs Kate x

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, my project is a Tilda Santa but ssshhhh don't tell!
I love this card the purple and white together are very striking and I love your embossing folder too. Fab ribbon too.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Jenny. Really striking. Hugs Rita xxx

Patricia said...

Love your beautiful card, great colours, brilliant flowers and design.
I am sure you will make a fine Quartet doing all your songs for Christmas

Patricia x

Sue said...

Hi my lovely fairy godmother:) you have blobbed!!!!! LOL gorgeous colours and design as usual and it would be lovely to listen to you all singing:) Lots of huggles and sloppies off Olliebobs......Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jacee said...

Lovely Jenny, what a gorgeous rich colour, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Jean said...

A beautiful card Jenny, it's a gorgeous embossing folder you used and I love the organza flower and the lovely purple ribbon.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous and wouldn't it make a lovely Christmas card.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Love a bit of purple action. Also love the organza flower too.
You'll have to do a You Tube of your singing.
Best wishes.
Ang x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design, this flower and papers are just gorgeous as are the colours used.xxxThe Journey is the Start

Sarah said...

...and what a fantastic idea it was too!! Sue Wilson would be proud of your glue dots, they look fabulous, along with everything else!! xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is lovely, purple is my favourite and love how you have put the gilding flakes behind the fern leaves, it looks fabulous. I especially love the flower done that way, I will have to try this technique. My Cosmic Shimmer glue is around the same age as yours, but your dots look brilliant to me.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Michelle said...

Hi Jenny - WOW this is incredibly beautiful inside out. Love your colours and gorgeous embossing - WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for your lovely comment on my card and for following my blog - I am now a very happy follower of yours - Michelle x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Jenny. Such gorgeous colours.