MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 27 September 2014

RUDOLF DAY CHALLENGE SEPTEMBER 2014

Hi and welcome to my part of blog land, all my
friends, and visitors.

I know I am a bit late with my Rudolf Day cards,
but there were other challenges that collided with
it on the last 2 days, and I wanted to also join those challenges too.
So as the saying goes better late than never.
The Rudolf Challenge is to make 2 Christmas 
cards, and post them between the 25th of the
month and the 30th of the month, or the end of 
the month.
I think this is a really good idea as you get 
quite a few cards done before your Christmas
 rush of cards.
So for anyone interested in joining in you 
will find the link  HERE .
Now to my 2 cards.









The first card was a just under 6"x6" size.
I used First Edition Gilded Winter 6x6 paper
pad.
I cut the front cover shorter and added some
double sided sticky paper to the part that was
longer and used gilding mica flakes on it.
I then added a border in pearlised embossed
card cut out with the Spellbinders Fleur De 
Lis Accents Die.
I also used this die for the design round the
sentiment, and the sentiment was a freebie in
a craft magazine.
The tree die is Sue Wilson Die, and I drew with
a pencil around the die and cut it out in mirri
card, and then used Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow
in the center.
My 2nd card is just over 5"x5" size.
I stamped all around the edges with border 
stamp, and Pine Needles Distress Ink.
The paper is from a 12x12 sheet of Christmas
paper from Hobbycraft.
I stamped a reindeer, and coloured it in with promarkers.
The sentiment was stamped and cut out with
a Spellbinders Die Frame One after covering
my card with sticky double sided paper, I then
peeled back the sticky sheet, and put C/S Iced 
Snow all over it.
I then added some C/S Gold Glue Dots to the 
edges.
Phew I hope you haven't fallen asleep with all
this description.

Thank you for you visit and comments.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges.
http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Rudolf Day September 2014

21 comments:

Sarah said...

These are great Jenny, I haven't broken into my Gilded Winter pad yet!! Love the reindeer too!! xx

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny, love, love, love, your stunning cards.
Both are just fantastic
Have a great weekend
Hugs

Patricia x

Michelle said...

WOW Jenny - these are gorgeous inside and out. What wonderful work - Michelle x

Sarn said...

Nope - haven't fallen asleep Jenny! You always amaze me with how much work you put into each card. They are both BRILLIANT.

Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue said...

Fab cards my lovely fairy godmother! I got that sentiment freebie too isn't it great lol lots of huggles and kisses off Olliebobs xxxxxxxxxxxx Sue x

aussie aNNie said...

Jenny these are brilliant cards with lots of beauty and colours. Lovely image, dies and design used as well.xxx
aNNie The Journey is the Start


Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful. I have become a fan of cards finished inside and out and sometimes even the back. Love the detail on both cards and am thrilled to see the inside of both cards finished. How wonderful. Excellent. - Jim

Patricia Howarth said...

Afternoon Jenny, You are putting me to shame haha !! I vowed when 2014 came in, that I would make a Christmas card every months, how many have I done - 'none' haha, never mind eh !!
Your two cards are really lovely, as always. You will indeed have a fine 'stash' of them when the time comes, I will probably start in December, as usual hahahaha !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

MaryH said...

Two very lovely cards. Am so loving the Sue Wilson tree and your sparkling faux mat. TFS the idea about the gilding flakes. It made a stunning border with the Fleur de Lis. Such a pretty design & use of your products. #2 is adorable and I love the way you've used the snow effects round the sentiment mat. These are just so pretty inside & out. TFS & Hugs

Mojca said...

oh this looks sooooo pretty, love them both. hugs! Mojca

Jacee said...

Lovely work Jenny, great use of your dies and papers, they look fab, I love the insides too.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Hazel said...

Two great cards Jenny. Hazel x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Gosh, you've been a busy girlie. Love both cards but the first one sings to me because of the gorgeous paper. I've been stroking the pads lovingly at work and now I may have to cave in and buy it lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards and the gold tree is brilliant and so is Mr Rudolph.

Kath x

Jean said...

Fantastic cards Jenny, the first one is my favourite, I love the Gilded Winter card and the gorgeous curly tree die.
Jean x

Sally H said...

two wonderful cards, Jenny! I particularly love the reindeer stamp - isn't he gorgeous!

Twinks Stamping said...

Two lovely cards and especially like the way you have decorated the insides of the cards xxx Jan xxx

Carole Z said...

Two lovely cards Jenny and as always, love the insides! Hugs Carole Z X

Stamping With Bibiana said...

cute cards and I love that theme...love the song too do you know it? rudolf the red nose reindeer..
hugs from california
bibiana

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, two beautiful Christmas cards there and lovely traditional colour combos. I'm loving Sue's new dies, that tree is fab and who doesn't love Rudolf?
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

JD/ Jill said...

You've made two beautiful Christmas cards here!