MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 6 February 2017

PEACOCK BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.
I would like to say a very warm welcome to my newest follower, and thank you so much for joining me in my crafty journey.
I do hope you can visit when ever your time allows.
I would also like to say a big
 THANK YOU to all my followers that always visit me on a regular basis, and leave such heart warming comments on my work.

Today I have a card  I made just because I loved the image.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The card I used was from Hunkydory's first set of images all done with a mirri finish, and they are all so gorgeous too.
As the card was so pretty to start with, I just added some die cut flowers, a corner die cut, and some seam binding ribbon that I dyed with Peacock Feathers DI.
 Sadly the mirri finish doesn't show up much in the photo.

Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

20 comments:

Barb said...

It certainly is a beautiful image. A very lovely card Jenny and you've done a great job with the colour of your seam binding. Barbxx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous Jenny, lovely colours, xxx

Michelle said...

I am not surprised you love the image Jenny. It's a beautiful peacock and a beautiful card inside and out - Michelle x

Christine Harrop said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jenny!! I have a soft spot for peacocks - after all it's my maiden name ... lol! But it is beautiful! Hugs Christine xx

scrappymo! said...

I can see why you liked that image. It is really beautiful and so is your finished card. The corner embellishments are so perfectly matched, I would have thought they came with a ket. You made a good choice there!

Judith said...

Fabulous card Jenny - I love peacock cards - i have a lovely stamp that i may just have to hunt out to use... hugs judith x

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny this is a super card, peacocks are always so majestic and you have made this one even more so with your perfect finishing touches, especially the pretty flowers xx

Chris said...

It's very beautiful Jenny. The image is stunning and I love the glorious colours and papers you've used. Fabulous design too with those lovely diecuts and flowers.
Chris
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is so lovely Jenny, you have created such a gorgeous card using this image and pretty papers.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

So beautiful Jenny, the peacock is such an iconic image, gorgeous design too, Kate x

Kathleen said...

This card definitely has the WOW factor and I don't mean white on white, lol.
Gorgeous image and stunning backgrounds and the image really does speak for itself.

Kath x

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Jenny, the colours on your card are just stunning. The peacock in all its glory is gorgeous. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxxx

Sarn said...

I can see why you wanted to make a card with this lovely image. The card is fabulous xxx

pam said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, love the beautiful peacock and amazing colours, stunning flowers and ribbon too.
Pam x

Brenda said...

Wow Jenny, I am really loving your beautiful card and I can see why you made this card just because of the image! I love the image too! It just doesn't get any more beautiful than a peacock and your card is just as beautiful. I love the dies you used, that beautiful bow from the seam binding and that peacock paper! Stunning is the word for this card! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Momma Mary is the best and I thank you for stopping by just because she said for people come. She is way to good to me! Big hugs, Brenda

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, You are right, this image is gorgeous, as is your card. All pulled together with Peacock Feathers DI, very aptly named for this card.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Planetsusie said...

Hello there me little blogging matey - sometimes you just find an image that you want to use where you don't need many embellishments and this is one of them! Such a pretty and your finished card is super.

Lots of big hugs to you both Sue Pxxx and Pidgy xx


PS Doorstops are in the post - we've been watching a little wren in the garden and getting side-tracked as usual!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Stunning card. Love peacock colours and the inside looks so special.
Have to make a peacock related card in a couple of months so will have a look for this set.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Pamellia said...

Wow Jenny, what a beautiful card! I just love that peacock image, so gorgeous! All the lovely flowers with the textured petals make wonderful accent pieces and that ribbon with the gemstone centre is just gorgeous!! Well done! hugs :)

meg said...

Wonderful card Jenny, the images and papers are stunning