MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 27 February 2017

CITRUS COLOURS SHABBY CHIC CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.
I do hope you all had a very lovely weekend.

Didn't think I was going to be able to join one of my fave challenges I like to support, but I have just managed it with a day to go phew.
So here is what I came up with.


 This is a 8"x6" tent style card.
The papers are Cuddly Budly, and Heartfelt Creations.
Used some lace from my stash which I have had for a while.
Made the flower, and leaves and coloured them with inks.
Also made the butterflies from Martha Stewart paper clay, and the pin is one I made also.
As I hve used the metal pin, and metal  buttons I will be entering the Allsorts challenge too.

Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.




I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

22 comments:

Barb said...

A really gorgeous shabby chic card Jenny. Great springtime colours! Barbxx

Chris said...

Fabulous shabby chic card, the vibrant colours are gorgeous!
Chris
x

Wendy L said...

Wow, this certainly brings a little sunshine to anyone looking, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts too, xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Such lovely sharp colours Jenny. They give a real zing!

Hugs Christine xx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Jenny!! I love the springy colors and the gorgeous flower!! The layers are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

How glorious Jenny, Spring really has arrived at your blog and it's so beautiful with all those fresh colours.

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, fabulous bright Spring colours and a terrific design, a beautiful card, Kate x

*Vicki* said...

Wow I just LOVE the Springtime look of your design!! What a beautiful shabby chic card my friend!! You have put me in the mood for warmer weather indeed! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Sarah said...

Yay...spring has arrived on this incredible card Jenny!! Such gorgeous colours and textures and the lace is scrummy xx

Kathleen said...

Oh wow Jenny, gorgeous citrus colours, fabulous embellishments and metal items. I feel really nice and warm now after looking at your card.
Thank you for joining our 'Metal/Charms challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Brenda said...

Jenny, no need to be sorry about missing a post of mine! I'm not getting my email notifications to the blogs that I follow by email, yours included, so I am missing a lot until someone comes and leaves me a comment so I can get to their blog. Makes me so frustrated that my email provider doesn't play nice! But it is what it is. So here I am to do my commenting. lol Your card is stunning! I love the color combo because these colors have always been happy colors to me. Your pin and flower are so beautiful!!! I love that ribbon (once again, love those colors) and the lace. Love the clay butterfly, buttons and bling too. I say this is a winner for sure! Hugs, Brenda

pam said...

Wow gorgeous spring colours on this wonderful card Jenny, love the layers and pretty lace.
Pam x

meg said...

Stunning card, love the bright spring colours and the shabby chic effect

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, A really lovely citrus shabby chic card !! Your pin looks gorgeous and I'm loving the combination of colours, really lovely.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, wow what a bright and fresh card !! Not sure if you can have a fresh card, but you know what I mean lol !! Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Алексровер Анна said...

Wow! Love your card full of positive citrus color! I see sunshine light going out of this card! It is wonderful, Jenny!!!!!!!

Planetsusie said...

Oh my little blogging matey - this has really cheered me up - those colours are just like a breath of spring (on a cold and wet day here!). Just been reading about the butterflies and the pin that you made - so pretty! Oh and I'm glad you received the doorstop - I know it was a bit plain but you could add some of your butterflies I'm sure!!! Lots of big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Suzanne C said...

I am definitely feeling the sunshine from your beautiful card! Love the happy yellows and the pretty flower and butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie "out of the cold" challenge!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very bright and zingy creation just perfect for leasing us in to Spring, I can't wait.
Love all the pretty details.
Lorraine

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hi, Jenny! I just love, love, love that lemon yellow flower! These colors are filled with energy and make me smile! The texture you incorporated here is just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "Out of the Cold" challenge!

Pamellia said...

It's like spring just exploded out of my computer screen!! This is just stunning Jenny! The colour palette is so bright and cheery, it's hard not to smile at the yellows and fresh greens! Your big blossom is gorgeous and I love that fancy lace tucked in there!! This is a glorious card filled with joy and I love it!! hugs :)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a gloriously cheery card. Has certainly brightened a dull and wet day.
Your flower is super.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x