MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 18 February 2017

PAPER PIERCED GREEN CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.
I do hope you are all having a good weekend, and for those of you that are not too well, I am sending Big Get Well Wishes your way.

Finished my card for the current Butterfly Challenge this afternoon, and I can also join the Allsorts Challenge as it's Anything Goes this week.

So here is what I came up with.



This is a 6"x6" size scalloped card.
I popped holes in each of the scallop's to accommodate the ribbon to be threaded through.
My background paper I created by swirling Memento Ink Bamboo Leaves onto white card to get the colour I wanted.
Then I added Cosmic Shimmer Enchanted Gold Gilding Polish to it to give a pearlised appearance.
I added a pierced flourish, and cut out some Butterflies, flowers, and fern die cuts from the left over card I made.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.






20 comments:

Sarah said...

Another gorgeous card Jenny, love the pierced detail and the threaded ribbon looks amazing. Hope you are still taking it easy xx

Chris said...

Beautiful design and the colours are gorgeous, love how you've threaded the ribbon too, so pretty!
Hope you're enjoying the lovely mild weather!
Chris
x

Mrs A. said...

Jenny this is so lovely. The addition of the punched holes to the scalloped edges is a great idea for threading the ribbon through. Love the paper peiRcing that you have done to the edging and the scroll. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Loving the bold, bright colours and all the mirri card and the threaded ribbon.
Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Barb said...

This is lovely Jenny. I love the shine on this card and the flowers look beautiful. Barbxx

pam said...

This is beautiful Jenny, love butterflies! wonderful colours and details.
Pam x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Jenny!! I love the paper you used and the pretty butterflies!! The ribbon along the edges is a fabulous touch!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful piercing Jenny, love the colours ...{aNNie}

meg said...

love the shimmer Jenny it looks really opulent, beautiful card

brenda said...

A really pretty creation Jenny and lovely choice of colours and clever ribbon work, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart mooi papier heb je gebruikt.
Groetjes Gerrie

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, what a beautiful vibrant card !! Love the gorgeous greens that you've achieved. The ribbon is a good addition too. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Hello Jenny, Thank you so much for the lovely comments you always leave on my posts. Your own card today looks so amazing. A lot of work was put into it as you always do with your cards. Love the Spring colours too. Hugs Rita xxxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I love it !! I adore the ribbon threading and I adore your pearlised background, very very effective.
Enjoy your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, beautiful card and lovely design, gorgeous background, and what a pretty touch with the threaded ribbon, Kate x

Mervi said...

Fabulous ribbon work, beautiful card Jenny.
Thank you so much for your entry over at Allsorts and at my extra candy.
Good luck;-))m

Wendy L said...

What a divine card Jenny, so bright, love it, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The pierced detail and threaded ribbon really are a gorgeous part of this design Jenny. I love the shimmery colours too.
Lorraine

MaryH said...

Love your created background. Isn't that such fun to do when you're in the mood? Your golden/green flourish looks so good against that, and the piercing is super. I love the little flower bundle in the corner, and good idea to thread that pretty green ribbon thru the frame as you've done. Extra special details. HOpe you are much improved today. Hugs & TFS

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Lovely cheery card and the threaded ribbon looks fab. Frames the card beautifully.
Best wishes.
Ang x