MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 25 May 2015

RUDOLF CHALLENGE MAY 2015

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends,
and visitors.
I do hope you are having a lovely Bank Holiday
weekend, and the weather is being kind to you.
We have had mixed weather here in my part 
of Kent a little bit of sun, and rain also.

I was out with my daughter and her fiance 
yesterday, and when I got home I was exhausted.
So a little nap was in order, but I spent nearly
2 hours asleep, and on awaking I suddenly
remembered I hadn't made my card for the
Rudolf Challenge yet, and it begins today, and
carries on till the end of the month.
So crafting was the order of the evening, and
this is what I created with the Sue Wilson Die
I won on her blog.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I embossed the die, and cut it out, and then 
rubbed a metallic rub -on in gold over the 
embossing.
I have had this set of metallic rub-ons  for more
than ten years, so I suppose it's a little like the
new type of gilding waxes.

Thank you for your visit, and the wonderful
comments you make.
I very much appreciate each, and everyone.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges. 
http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/may-rudolph-days.html 

26 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, A stunning card !! A very beautiful compilation, and the recipient of the Christmas card will be thrilled to bits. I'm loving your winning die-cuts especially with the metallic rub-on, and the pine bough and pine cone die-cuts are fabulous ( for the life of me, I haven't been able to get my pine bough die to cut properly yet !!). A stunning card !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sarah said...

This is a proper grown up card Jenny. Love the gold wax, it really adds a bit of luxury and your arrangement is wonderful. Have a lovely day xx

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, so elegant and light card, these dies are wonderful! Love littlr golden details, they always add nobless to the work!

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Jenny, the touch of gold wax is really effective, just the perfect amount, enjoy the rest of the long weekend...it's been mixed here too, but dry anyway and Saturday was gorgeous! Hugs Carole Z X

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely Christmas card Jenny.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, a super Christmas card, love your WOW with the gold rubbed on, it works beautifully.
Great use of dies too.
I hope you had a lovely weekend?
Hugs Erika. x

Pamellia said...

Wow, what a gorgeous Christmas card Jenny!! The white and gold is so elegant together and I just love the pinecones! The layered frames are stunning, wow wow wow, this is one freaking beautiful card! hugs :)

JJ said...

Hi Jenny,

WOW! Gorgeous Christmas card, love it all. I love the pine cones and sprig at the bottom.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card for Rudolph Day! Very elegant looking with the gold and gorgeous die cuts! By the way, congrats on your win over at the Snippets Playground!

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning Jenny, what a gorgeous design with the fab dies, lovely embellishments too, hugs Kate x

Carol said...

This is beautiful Jenny, so elegant. Carol x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, love the die and the pine cones, hope you are not posting this one lol.
Thanks for joining in this months Rudolph Day challenge.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card, Jenny!
I love how you rubbed the gilding over the dies...so pretty!
The dies are stunning and those gold branches are perfect...
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What an elegant and classy design!! Really beautiful!! :)

mamapez5 said...

Wow. That is a stunning card Jenny. I love the Sue Wilson dies and she gives us some very good ideas for using them in her videos. But this beautiful. I love all the elements, as well as the way you have used them together. Kate x

pam said...

Hi Jenny, gorgeous Christmas card you have created , love the WOW with your touch of gilding, beautiful die`s and details.
Hugs Pam x

Sally H said...

Gorgeously elegant card, Jenny! Very classy! Love how you used the gilding wax - going to have to try that!

MaryH said...

This is uber elegant, with the gold & white, and all that lace in your beautiful dies. Love the way you've combined all these beautiful elements on this gorgeous card. The pine cone-pearl bouquet is just so lovely. Glad you had some nice sunny weather to enjoy. TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

THUD! as I pick myself up off the floor, I'm astounded with this elegant creation in white & gold! It's beyond gorgeous!

Hettie said...

I am with Carol!! I now need to wipe my desk down of drool! This is so elephant and soffisticated! Bootiful Jenny, bootiful.
Hugs
xx

Sarn said...

Fantastic work. Very ornate and pretty. xxx

Jacee said...

What a beauty you've created here Jenny, such a gorgeous design, you'll have to try that afternoon nap trick again if this is what you produce when you wake up!!! wonder if it would work for me LOL
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Michelle said...

An elegant and beautiful card Jenny - hope you are not feeling as exhausted today - Michelle x

Jean said...

This card is so beautiful Jenny. The gold wax on the gorgeous white embossing looks fabulous and I love the pine cone and pearl embellishment.
Jean x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jenny! I love how you've added the gold over the embossing. xx

LesleyG said...

What a luxurious card Jenny, I never knew about rub-ons like wax, and the embellishments add such richness, a work of art! xxx