MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 31 May 2015

SON'S BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends,
and visitors.
I am so sorry I haven't been around for a few days,
but I am getting everything ready at home so I 
can visit my sister in Wales as she has her op
next week.
So I will be away in Wales for either a week or 
ten days, hoping to give her some positive 
thoughts, and support.

This is a card I made for my Son's Birthday
which was yesterday.
Now it's really funny as he had 2 bought cards
both with the same main image.
He loves to ride his bicycle, as does my youngest
Son who I made a similar card for in February.





This is a 8"x8" size card.
The image is a Hunkydory one from one of 
their decoupage pads.
I made the backing paper with an images, and 
my Decoupage 2 CD.
I used the Sue Wilson Die for the frame, and 
used my rub-ons over the debossed part again.

Thank you for your visit, and the wonderful
comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

17 comments:

vic said...

Hi jenny oh wow this is lovely! I'm sure your son will absolutely adore this card and such a great photo of him too! Love the bright colours they put a smile on my face :)
I hope your sisters operation goes well and that's very kind of you to help her out what a sweet lady you are
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Vic xx

Christine Harrop said...

So I see he is wearing the "Maillot Jaune" Jenny - must be the Tour de France ... lol! A great card for him. I haven't done much cycling this year so far. Hopefully I will be able to get cracking soon because I really love cycling. I do hope things go well with your sister. Hugs Christine xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Prachtige kaart .Mooi plaatje met de wielrenner
Fijne zondag
Groetjes Gerrie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Just breaking myself in gently again as hopefully, I've turned a corner.
Great card for a keen cyclist. You should enter this at Moving Along With the Times as I've set a texture challenge.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A gorgeous card for your Son, bet he loved it.
Please take my love and prayers to your Sister and keep her positive in thought and mind. I will be thinking of you.l
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Liz said...

A perfect card for a cyclist. I'm sure your son was delighted with it.

Hope things go well with your sister's op. xx

JJ said...

Hi Jenny,

Wow absolutely gorgeous card, love the frame, beautiful.

Hope all goes well with your Sister's op.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous and handsome at the same time, how wonderful Jenny! I just love that amazing metallic looking frame and accents, so perfect for a masculine theme! My best wishes to your sister. hugs :)

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card Jenny, just perfect for a cyclist, I'm sure he loved it. Hope all goe well for your sister, take care, hugs Kate x

Sue said...

Fabulous card my lovely fairy godmother! all my love and best wishes to your sister for a speedy recovery...lots and lots of huggles from the J household and plenty of sloppies off Ollie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jacee said...

Great card Jenny, I bet your son was thrilled with it!
Look after yourself in Wales, we'll look forward to you getting back.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Kathleen said...

Brilliant card and great colours, great image and I wonder if the shop bought card uses Hunky Dory also.
Don't know if your Hubby is going with you or not and don't tell me but either way you should mention on your next post that Hubby will be holding the fort as now if you mention on any social media that you are going away and you get burgled then you house insurance is void. They say you are inviting burglars

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Jenny, I like the image and the bright colours
Kevin xx

Patricia said...

Perfect card for a cyclist Jenny, I love it.
Hope all goes well for your sister.
Positive thoughts for you both.
Patricia x

Jean said...

A super card for your cycling son Jenny. I like the way you did the frame and the corners, they look great.
Hope all goes well for your sisters op.
Jean x

Carole Z said...

What a fab card for your son Jenny, love the design, hoping all goes well for your sister's surgery, hugs Carole Z X

Hettie said...

Great card Jenny. Lovely design.
So where in Wales are you going to be? You know I am in Wales don't you?
Hugs
xx