MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 12 May 2015

GREEN AND ORANGE BIRTHDAY CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.
I do hope your week has started well, and for
those of you experiencing problems of any sort
a BIG HUG winging it's way to help you cope.

I have a card I made very quickly, and flat today,
as it had to be posted to New Zealand.
Oh this was so hard for me, as I love to embellish 
with lots of items from my stash.




This is a 6"x6" size card.
Green papers from a CD, and the orange ones
I can't remember who's they are.
The image is from the Joanna Sheen pad of 
Faye Whittaker images, and I thought it 
appropriate as it's for my husbands sister, and 
there is only 2 of them left out of 4 siblings, and
she is the elder of them.

Thank you for your visit and the wonderful
comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

21 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Your hubby's Sister will love this card. I love the combination of colours, and the image is gorgeous. I'm the same as you, I love to embellish my cards (in fact I go OTT very often hahaha).
Lots of love from Patricia xx

aussie aNNie said...

Outstanding creation again and everything looks gorgeous together.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Jenny, oh! dear it really must have been hard for you.
However it is stil a great card.
That "scene" was the first thing I ever "cross stitched" not very well I may add.
Have a great day
Patricia x

Pamellia said...

What a sweet card Jenny! The orange and green work really well together and your image is darling! Love the little banners too. hugs :)

Jacee said...

Adorable Jenny, love that sweet image, gorgeous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Rita said...

How beautiful Jenny. I do love that image too. Hope your well. Hugs Rita xxxx

Carol L said...

What a sweet card, and at first it looked like the image was watercolored! I love the ships in the background! Adorable card - I'm sure she loved it!

Liz said...

Lovely card, Jenny, with a beautiful image. I love how you've added the same image in the little hearts. Great addition of bunting to match the bunting in the image. xx

Jean said...

Lovely card Jenny, I love all the Faye Wittaker images. Your coloured papers look great with this one and I like the added bunting.
Jean x

Sarah said...

This is fabulous Jenny and you have reminded me that I have this pad...somewhere!! Must get it out!! The inside is as fabulous as the outside and it's sure to be well received xx

Erika said...

Hi Jenny, well I think you've done a grand job with your flat card. I am making more and more like this now with the postage charges but I agree sometimes it's so difficult not to embellish.
I love the cute wee image on the front, I'm sure the recipient in NZ will love it.

Hugs Erika. x

karenlotty said...

I've done it again! I try to visit your blog every day (on my iPod) and think you haven't posted! Everyone's blog seems to behave differently! I am now going to trail back and enjoy looking at your creations
Today's card is lovely I post a lot of my cards so they need to be flat This image is perfect for the occasion

pam said...

Beautiful card Jenny, can understand it being hard to do flat, like you I love my embellishments.
Gorgeous image and colors.
Hugs Pam

karenlotty said...

I've commented on a few but iPod and laptop running out of juice I wasn't sure if you looked back at old posts either Your cards are marvellous Every one of them a unique creation Well done you Even with your eye condition they're brilliant and I envy your colouring in

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, I love it!!
Kevin xx

Michelle said...

A striking colour combo Jenny - your card is so lovely (inside and out!) Michelle x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Wonderfully cheery card and I bet you were intching to pop some bits and bobs on it lol!
Not cheap to NZ, even flat.
Bes wishes.
Ang x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. Love the choice of colours.
Hugs
xx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous colours in this lovely card Jenny, beautiful, hugs Carole Z X

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty Jenny. The image is sweet and your card looks wonderful. It does not need any embellies...perfect as is!

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty Jenny. The image is sweet and your card looks wonderful. It does not need any embellies...perfect as is!