MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 5 June 2017

CHRISTMAS IN JUNE.......CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

Oh my goodness my heart goes out to everyone caught up in those tragic events of Saturday Night, and their families.
No words can express the deep sorrow I feel for them all.

This afternoon I had an idea for a card trying to take my mind off it for a little while by crafting.
So I made this card for the Allsorts Challenge, which I won last week, and won a £20 voucher to use at 
If you have never shopped there I can highly recommend their products they stock.



This is a 6"x6" size card.
I started by cutting out a circle of white card, and then I stamped some fir branches in Pine Needles DI.
I then heat embossed it with Silver Pearl embossing powder which I have had for years.
Then I started to make my scene by ink dusting the sky and creating hills out of snippets of card.
Then I stamped the fencing in Tuxedo Black Ink, and the trees in Potting Soil Archival Ink.
I then used a used a Quickie Glue Pen to do my glittering for the snow. 
Finally I added a wooden snowman not at all sure I should have added him.
Other than that I am quite pleased with this , and how it turned out.

Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

20 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jenny. I love the shimmery fir pattern and the scene you've created is lovely - the addition of the cute little snowman is perfect! x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card and gorgeous papers. I love the little snowman scene.
Lorraine

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Jenny!! I love the wintry scene you've created!! The snowman is adorable!! I love the sparkle and the pretty pine needle papers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,,
A brilliant card, I love the scene you have created.
That's a great sentiment stamp, like it.
Patricia xxx

meg said...

Fantastic background Jenny, love the shimmer the embossing powder gives, beautiful scene, love the snowman

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Congratulations on your Win !!
This card is so cute, I love it !!
I re-iterate your sentiments re the tragedy last Saturday, my heart goes out to all involved, they are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

KandA said...

Wonderful card Jenny, love the shimmer and the snowman looks fab to me xx

brenda said...

I absolutely love your card Jenny, the embossed frame is really effective and the scene you created is right up my street with the happy snowman really finishing it off a treat. A very nice design as well.

Many thanks for making such a special card to share with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful card Jenny, beautifully designed, Kate x

Cara said...

Fabulous card. Isn't crafting wonderful in how it can take us away from the troubles of the world. Like you my thoughts are with those affected by Saturday night's atrocities. Sending hugs x

Ellibelle said...

What a nice scene you created and I love how it opens up to the beautifully decorated inside!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love the cute snowman. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Kathleen said...

A tip Top card here Jenny, love the embossed background, the lovely scene and yes you should have used the snowman, it looks great.
Thank you for joining our 'Christmas in June' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Jean said...

A super card Jenny, the shimmery background you made looks lovely, as does the winter scene. I love the cute little snowman.
Jean x

pam said...

Gorgeous winter scene you have created Jenny, love the shine on your outer circle, looks so pretty.
Pam x

Sarah said...

Love this gorgeous festive card Jenny xx

Barb said...

It's a beautiful card Jenny. I love the little scene and the background stamping is gorgeous. Barbxx

Liz said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Congratulations to you too - looks like we both had lucky snowmen! xx

Christine Harrop said...

Super Christmas card Jenny and I just adore that shimmer. It looks fabulous! Hugs Christine xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Seems strange to look at something that makes you go brrrrrr on the hot day weve had today lol!
Terrific wintery scene.
Ang x