MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 21 June 2017

HUBBIES BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

Well are you all melting with this HOT! weather.
I have found a good way to cool down I run a flannel under cold water and lay it on my face and my neck, and you can't believe how that cools you down.
Never thought of it before, but I used to cool the children's temps when they were ill like that.
Try it if you haven't it really works well. 

Today is my hubbies 78th Birthday, and this year I thought I would put Marilyn Munroe on his card as he has always loved her photos especially black and white ones as he used to take lots of photos at one time, and has always loved black and white photography.
So I won the Quirky challenge last month, and won $15 of digi images from Ike's Art and this was one I chose with Hubbies card in mind.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The digi image is from Ike's Art.
The papers are a Cuddly Buddly download, but they were brown.
So light bulb moment hooray.
I printed it in brown, and then copied it in black and white.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/week-420-birthday-boy.html 

18 comments:

brenda said...

A really iconic image Jenny ans sounds like it's a perfect one for you hubby's Birthday card. Many thanks for sharing it with us at Allsoets challenge this week.

We used t do the same when they children were small and yes it does work wonders.

B x

meg said...

Wonderful card Jenny, love the papers and image, hope hubby was impressed that your card reflected his hobby

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card for Hubbies B,day Jenny, xxx

Chris said...

Well the heat hasn't affected your creativity Jenny! This is gorgeous, love the image and the design, it looks fabulous in black and white...hooray for lightbulb moments!
Happy Birthday to Hubby!
Chris
x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This Marilyn Monroe card is gorgeous, I bet Tony loves it !! The image looks very much like the Andy Warhol picture. Marilyn was always such a beautiful girl, taken before her time.
My linedance class yesterday was horrendous, my hair was dripping by the time I finished teaching the class haha not a pretty sight hahaha.
A great tip with the flannel Jenny, I also like to put my hands into cold water for a while it tends to cool the blood.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. Happy Birthday to your husband. Thank you for the tip on keeping cool. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy Birthday to Hubby! I'm sure he loved his bespoke card Jenny, it's gorgeous. What a super image.
Lorraine

Lisa said...

This is so creative and fabulous!! I love the image of Marilyn!! The letters look amazing!! Happy birthday to your hubby!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cara said...

Fab card, love the poem inside too. I'm impressed that you were able to figure out how to resolve the brown problem in this heat!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous creation for your Hubby, lovely image and a great lightbulb moment.
Thank you for joining our 'One for the boys' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Sue said...

What a fabulous card my lovely fairy godmother! such a great image I bet hubby loved it..the boys have been jumping and splashing around in their pool and keeping nice and cool and I've taken them down to the beach late in the evening so they can have a really good swim lol Woody would live in it if he could!! Take care and lots of love and sloppies from us all xxxxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

pam said...

Fantastic card for your Husband Jenny, love this wonderful image.
Hugs Pam x

Mia said...

Fabulous card! Great image of Marilyn!

Ellibelle said...

Wonderful card. Love the black and white combo and fantastic image. Many thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Barb said...

Hi Jenny, First of all on your recent win in the Quirky Challenge. What a great choice the Marilyn image is. You've turned this great icon into a fantastic card for your Hubby's Birthday. I'm sure he loved his card and I hope he enjoyed a very Happy Birthday. I love the holographic 'Husband' too. Barbxx

Michelle said...

Aaawwww Jenny this is a gorgeous card for your husband and I love the tip with the flannel to keep cool. If we have another hot spell like that again, I will be doing this. I did, indeed, melt lol - Michelle x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Lovely way to personalise a card. Hope Tony had a Happy Birthday and bet he loved thus super card.
Ang x

Ps...... the Peacock card makes an appearance today (Sunday).

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jenny, great design and a beautiful verse. I'm sure your hubby was thrilled with it. xx