MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 20 June 2017

TRAVEL THEME BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to my very talented friends and visitors.

ooooooaaaa! it's been hot in my part of Kent, and as you all may know I am not good with the heat.
So sorry if I have been missing for a couple of days, also Mr Mojo is still doing walk abouts in this heat well I ask you.

Had to make a card for my stepdaughter's man friend, and came up with this although I am not that happy with it.
I know he has travelled quite a bit so this became the theme.



This is an A5 size card.
Papers and post card from a My Craft Studio CD.
The image and the stamps are from a Robert Addams Vintage Transport CD.

Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/week-420-birthday-boy.html 

20 comments:

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card Jenny, I,he lost my craft mojo too, very hot here, just want to stay under the fan in living room!!!!!

meg said...

Great card for a guy Jenny, love the travel theme and the addition of the personalised post card, not as hot here but very humid.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Jenny. Yes, it has been rather hot hasn't it. I'm busy trying to make Christmas cards for a Crafty Individuals show in July and it's very hard to be inspired when it's almost thirty degrees outside. On the plus side, it does seem a little cooler today so we'll see how it goes :).
Your card is lovely and is actually just perfect for this weather with it's traveling image and postcard. I love the background and the layout too. Wishing you a colourful and happy day, crafty hugs, Sandra x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I think this card is fabulous, especially for someone who has done lots of travelling, he will love it.
I'm with you on the heat, I went to Currys/PC World yesterday afternoon, and it was an absolute pleasure to walk around their air-conditioned store, I could have stayed there all day AND all night haha.
Think of me this afternoon as I'm teaching my Tuesday Linedance Class, it is warm in that room even when it's cold outside, I think we will all 'melt' haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A wonderful themed card Jenny, I'm sure he loved it.
Lorraine

Chris said...

It's a brilliant card Jenny! Great theme and a lovely design, love the handwritten message on the postcard, an inspired touch.
It IS hot isn't it??!!
xx

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the travel theme!! You decorated this so beautifully!! What a creative, beautiful card!! I hope the temps cool down for you. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous design Jenny, great images, I'm sure he will love it, Kate x

Cara said...

Love all the vintage travel bits (brain is too melted to spell ephem a doodah) on this card, looks fab. Stay cool x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny yes it is hot here too I don't think anyone has got away with it. I am finding it hard to craft. Your card is gorgeous and I am sure it will be appreciated. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Sarah said...

A perfect card for a well travelled chap, he will love it and the handwritten postcard is a lovely touch. I could do with a decent nights sleep, I get incredibly grumpy when I don't get my eight hours!! It has been so hot that I went in the guest room last night what with the heat and Martin snoring!! The animals don't like it very much either, bless them xx

Mervi said...

Wonderful card, great details.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

pam said...

Wonderful card for a man Jenny, great design for a traveller.

Pam x

Kathleen said...

A brilliant card for a traveller I think that you have included nearly everything but spending money!!??
Looks like there is more inside too. Great design Jenny.

Kath xx

Mia said...

Another gorgeous card!

LesleyG said...

Fab collage of travel paraphernalia , sure to be well received. I too am melting, can't imagine what it's like in Spain and Portugal xxx

brenda said...

A super collage creation Jenny, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

Don't like moaning about the heat as we spend so long wishing for it, but my goodness it has been a tad OTT the last few days. I've got TL work to get done but my craft room has been so hot I've popped in and left again. So Monday I ordered a couple of fans from Amazon which arrived yesterday so hoping today it might be bearable in there.

B x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Barb said...

I think it's a fabulous collage card Jenny. I'm sure he was delighted with it. I forgot to say thanks for the hot weather tip with wet flannels. So if it heats up again I'll remember this! Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Terrific card for a well travelled chap. Love the old post cards.
Thank goodness for North facing living rooms but not the South facing bedroom that's like an oven at night lol!
Ang x