MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 21 January 2018

Z FOLD.......BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Still a wet, dull, and very cold weekend here in my part of Kent.

I suppose I am lucky I don't live in the North of the Country as some have snow.
We did think about moving to Scotland years ago as we love it there, but thought it would be too much of a journey for our large family to visit. 
My Great Grandad on my Dad's side was born in Scotland so it does hold a special place in heart.

Now I do like to try something new every now, and then, and thought I haven't made a Z Fold card yet.
So as my DIL Birthday is looming this is my version of a Z Fold Card.



2 different views of this card .
I made the card 7.5" in Height, and 14" in width out an A3 piece of card.
Did my folds at 4", 3", which left a base card of  7" when folded.
Then I matted it with CE Blush card.
Finally I did a Matt layer of paper from The Paper Boutique Blooming Lovely paper pad which was a C&C club gift.
I cut out some of the roses and decoupaged them, and added some pearls.
Put a border of butterflies cut out of H/D Rose Gold Mirri card. 
Made a pocket for a tag with Happy Birthday on.
I just so happened to have the right colour ribbon too.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
 http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/week-451-butterflies-and-word-about.html

24 comments:

Planetsusie said...

Oooh me little blogging matey - this is just gorgeous! I had a Christmas card with a fold like this from a friend last year and I loved it. I really must have a go - those colours are so beautiful together and I love that ribbon! Great idea for the little tag as well. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Mia said...

What a lovely Z fold card, Jenny! Great papers and I love the roses and pearls. Kisses, my friend.

Rita said...

Looks very complicated Jennie, but has made the most beautiful card. I'm sure it will be loved. The West coast of Scotland has had heavy snow today and it's causing chaos on the roads in and out of Scotland. We love Kent and went for over 15 years to Westbrook nor Margate. Best holidays ever. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, I love your gorgeous card, the papers are so pretty and the beautiful matching ribbon. The fold looks awesome...I really should try some of these fancy folds but I'm such a wuss lol whenever anything requires me to measure it turns out pants !
Hugs Kaz xxx

Chris said...

Fabulous fold and the papers are gorgeous, this design makes a very impressive card Jenny!
Chris
x

Barb said...

It's a lovely card Jenny and the paper is very pretty. Barbxx

Craftyhugs said...

Hi jenny. Thank you for your comment . Yes grandchildren are just amazing, ìta a different kind of love which just warms my heart. Exhausting but worth it lol. I adore this card , it's so beautiful and one I've not done yet. Take care honey. Speak soon . I'm staying so not going anywhere lol

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, We had snow today yuck, then thankfully it changed into rain, another yuck !! but for me rain is preferable to snow haha. I will be glad when Winter is over. This is a lovely card, I have never made a Z fold card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

pam said...

One of my favourite folds Jenny, I have made one last week, not showing yet though, love your decoration and pretty papers.
Hugs Pam x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love the papers and the butterflies look really great in the gold mirri card. A lovely die.
Thank you for joining our 'Butterfly' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Sue said...

I love making these Z fold cards but haven't done one for ages! your's is gorgeous my lovely fairy godmother..and yes us 'up North' have had a lot of snow but Woody absolutely loves it!! Ollie on the other hand is much older now and just looks and walks back inside LOL..take card and lots of huggles and sloppies xxxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Jenny!! The Z fold looks so beautiful!! I love the papers you used and the way you used the tag!! Stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Amazing folds Jenny, and such lovely paper, I love the little pocket with the tag, lovely touch, Kate x

Patricia said...

Morning Jenny
Your card is great, different and very effective.
Love the idea of the tag.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, I haven't made any of these cards yet, but seeing yours has inspired me to do one!! Love the papers and colours that you have chosen. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

meg said...

WOW, love the fold and the wonderful papers and embellishments

KandA said...

What a great card Jenny, the Z-fold looks fabulous with the pretty papers andd I love the tag in the little pocket xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, wonderful Z folded card, love the delicate accent- golden butterflies ! Stay warm and cozy!

Mervi said...

Lovely design, pretty card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sarah said...

I love this card Jenny, the colours are so gorgeous and I love the design. I have a half finished Christmas card in this shape that I really must complete. It was meant for Mum...She will have to have it this year!! xx

Cara said...

This is gorgeous, love those papers x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Terrific card and lovely paper.
Don't think I have seen a Z fold card before but its very effect.
Take care.
Ang x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x