MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 17 January 2018

SNOWMAN IMAGE CHRISTMAS CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

I made this Christmas card before Christmas, and never got to show it due to me being ill.
So I thought I would post it today.
I have a few more I made also to show  over the next few weeks.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The image of the snowman is a Hunkydory one, and I added some snow to the image.
The holly frame is a Tattered Lace one which I die cut 3 times, and glued together to make it stand out.
The silver glitter card is from the pound shop and it's brilliant as it doesn't shed glitter.
Red beads came from the bits left over from my Christmas wreaths.
Wooden snowflakes bought at Sainsbury's last year, and glittered.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/week-450-no-patterned-papers.html 

21 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Aww how lovely Jenny, beautifully designed card, Kate x

Liz said...

Really cute card, Jenny. Your snowman is adorable! I used some of the pound shop glitter card on a card I made yesterday. I wish all glitter card was non-shed! xx

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Jenny, this is just amazing! Your snowman image is so beautiful, I love the vintage country style feeling to it. The border of holly with the red berries is brilliant and I am in love with the glittery background! What a stunning and festive card! hugs :)

Chris said...

It's fabulous Jenny! Love the snowman. Hope you're fully recovered now.
Chris
x

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny, a fantastic image alone but with your die cut wizardary it is amazing!! I love the berries too xx

KandA said...

Wonderful card Jenny, love that super snowman and the holly border looks fabulous xx

Wendy L said...

Looks wonderful Jenny. Thanks for playing at Allsorts, xxx

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous, Jenny!! The snowman is adorable!! I love how you framed him!! The sparkle is stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This is a gorgeous Christmas card, and a really happy-looking snowman.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Claire said...

What a lovely card Jenny. It sparkles beautifully and I bet even more so in real life. The frame of holly and berries makes a unique addition around the snowman. A very festive card x

Kathleen said...

Wow Jenny this is stunning, a really tip top card, everything is just perfect.
As for the football card I would be honoured for you to use it for your Grandson.

Kath x

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness, as poorly as you've been these last weeks, I'm surprised you even feel like posting or blogging at all! Love this lovely little Snowie. That red scarf is just plumb cheery. Also like the way you've used the dimension of the frame...so pretty. And the snow...really adds a lot to the great Hunky Dory image. Really pretty card. TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Gorgeous card my lovely fairy godmother I love that frame around the image it's so pretty! huggles and sloppies from the J Household xxxxx Sue xxxxxxxx

Mrs A. said...

What a happy snowman he looks. I do like the holly leaves you have created as a frame work around the image. Very festive. Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

Fantastic combination of image dies and embellishments Jenny, a merry card

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Jenny. He's such a jolly snowman. The embellishments look great. Barbxx

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love all the sparkle. I hadn't seem that tattered lace frame before, it's lovely x

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, love the holly frame it is so pretty and the red beads really add to the design and make your cute snowman pop :)
Hugs Kaz xx

LesleyG said...

I love your jolly friendly snowman, beautifully framed by the holly. Hope you are feeling a bit better xxx

brenda said...

This is a really lovely creation and perfect for our theme Jenny and he's such a cheery Snowman, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Smashing card and the "berries" are a lovely touch.
I too have a load of Christmas cards to blog lol!!!
Best wishes.
Ang x