MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 20 January 2018

BACK TO A CHRISTMAS CARD AGAIN


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

What a miserable start to the weekend here in my part of Kent.
Raining and so dull at the moment.

Starting to feel much better, and the coughing is going away thank goodness.
I tell you I spend a lot of my time in the house, but I think I was getting stir crazy at not being able to go out because of that cough.
Did manage to go to my Granddaughter Birthday meal at a restaurant thank goodness, as I thought I wouldn't be able to go, and she would have been so disappointed, as her and her brother always invite both lots of Grand Parents to their Birthday meals.

Well back to this post, and I have yet another Christmas card I made before Christmas, and haven't been able to show as yet.



This is a 8"x8" size card, and as many of you may know one of my fave sizes.
I matted my card with some Christmas paper with poinsettias on.
Then I again used my Crafters Companion embossing folder on the white layer.
Before I embossed the front I cut out a circle aperture, and after embossing it I cut out the Tattered Lace Holly frame from my last Christmas card, and glued it inside around the aperture.
Finished it of with some beads, ribbon bow, and some small poinsettias I made from a Robert Addams die I won on the Snippets playground a few years ago.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
I really appreciate the visit, and comments.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 
 https://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/embossing-dry-or-heat.html

24 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, glad you're feeling better, xxxx

Barb said...

It's a stunning card Jenny. I'm pleased you were able to go to your Granddaughters birthday meal and glad you're beginning to feel better now. Barbxx

Christine Harrop said...

The weather is exactly the same here in Oxfordshire. In fact it has now started to snow but I don't think it will come to anything. This is gorgeous Jenny. I really love that embossing folder and the poinsettia paper. I do hope you are on the mend at last. A persistent cough can be so wearing! Take care. Love and hugs Christine xx

Lia said...

Jenny this is so very nice. You used the most beautiful embossingfolder and diecuts!!
Lia xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jenny, love the embossing and pretty holly around the aperture.
I'm so glad you got to celebrate your granddaughter's birthday with her and your cough is getting better. Enjoy the rest of your weekend...if this rain ever stops !
Hugs Kaz xxx

Chris said...

Glad you're feeling better Jenny, it's miserable being stuck indoors and feeling ill...after saying that I think indoors is the best place to be today!
Your card is gorgeous, fabulous embossing and die cuts, the poinsettia paper in the aperture is perfect.
Hope you have a good weekend
hugs
Chris
x

meg said...

Gorgeous card Jenny

Mrs A. said...

That is pretty and the inset under the embossed front is a nice idea. Glad your cough has subsided. Mine has too enough for me to be able to get to my dentist sppointment that I had to cancel back in December. hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! The details are amazing!! I love the circle with the leaves!! The embossing is fabulous!! The poinsettias are gorgeous!! So beautiful, Jenny!! I'm so glad you are feeling better!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, So glad you are feeling much better, I know what you mean about being confined to the house, I am the same.
A gorgeous Christmas card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

pam said...

Glad you are feeling better Jenny, beautiful card for Christmas.
Hugs Pam x

Claire said...

What a super card Jenny, so many beautiful embellishments and that bow is just gorgeous and gives the card a touch of luxury. I really do like the time you take to decorate the inside of your cards in such a beautiful way to compliment the front x

Kathleen said...

So glad that you are feeling better and made the Birthday meal.
Super card and a really lovely EF and love the way the holly is peeking out of the circle, fabulous bow and lovely poinsettias. Super card.

Kath x

Craftyhugs said...

Hi jenny. Thought I'd find you and say hi. Not sure you remember me as I've been away for over 4 years from my blog. Had a hip replacement , moved and have 2 beautiful grandchildren and my youngest son moved out. Not bad for 4 years lol. I hope you are well? Your card is just stunning. I've just started to get back into crafting again but my card making needs a boost as I sold all my dies years ago lol. So glad you're still on here, thought you'd all be gone. Nice to be back. Xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Jenny.xxHave a lovely weekend.♥
[aNNie]

Janice said...

A very strikingly card, Jenny. Love it !! Glad to hear that you're feeling slightly better. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Glad you're feeling better Jenny. I know how much that cough pains you too. Your card is absolutely stunning, one of the nicest I've seen in a while. Keep Warm and cosy. Hugs Rita in a snowy Scotland. Xxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

wauw schitterend mooi de achtergrond elbowing .
Groetjes gerrie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lots of gorgeous details in this very festive Christmas card Jenny, the recipient would have been thrilled when they received this. I love how you've layered the holly behind the aperture, it really adds a beautiful feature.
Lorraine

KandA said...

I love everything about this card Jenny, the traditional colours, fabulous embssing folder and holly frame and the added embellishments - really beautiful xx

CraftyLyn said...

Hi Jenny this card is beautiful the embossing really sets of your design,it's a great classy card with a traditional feel really nice,thanks for sharing your card with us here at winter wonderland,Lyn DT.

Cara said...

Glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. Love your card, the embossing sets it off perfectly x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Brilliant card and the embossing looks great. I love aperture cards so right up my street.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kath said...

A fabulous embossed Christmas card. Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x