MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 7 January 2018

CHRISTMAS CARD FOR A HUSBAND


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Still coughing so much that I can't sleep, and if that's not playing me up my RLS is too.
Still I shouldn't grumble as there are people far worse off than me.

So before we get too much into the New Year I thought I had better show this card I was asked to make for a persons Husband.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I embossed some pearlised card with a Crafters Companion embossing folder.
The Christmas calender is from the Pink Gem website.
I die cut the letters for husband 3 times out of Snippets, and glued them together to make them stand out.
The holly was die cut out of Snippets too, and I added a few peel offs for the berries.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenge.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/pixies-snippets-playground-weeks-315.html 

22 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful card Jenny, great design... I really like the calendar idea, great for a male card...not too soppy! The insides of your cards always look so perfect too!
Sorry to hear that you're not too well, hope that cough soon clears and you can get some sleep!
Happy new Year!
Chris
xx

Sarah said...

I Hope your cough goes soon Jenny, there is nothing worse. This is such a lovely card, love the embossed background xx

meg said...

love the calendar Jenny would suit a December birthday too. Perfect card for a guy.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning Christmas card I love the design it is very clever. I do hope that you start to feel better soon. So many people have been poorly this year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card, Love the idea of the December calendar on the front, a super male Christmas card.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

This is a really great male Christmas Jenny. Looks very "manly", if you know what I mean. I hope you are keeping well. Love and hugs, Christine xxx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Jenny!! I love the design and the embossing!! It's gorgeous!! I hope the cough goes away and you are feeling much better soon. Sending feel better hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny, what a brilliant card, super design, I'm sure it will be loved.
Sorry to hear you are still poorly, these viruses take their toll for sure, take care, Kate x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, So sorry you are still having problems, I can empathise with you as I have got it too, I honestly thought I had avoided it this year (typical that will teach me haha), every year I get it and when I got through December I secretly thought I had avoided the dreaded 'lurgy' but heyho.
Your card is really lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Cara said...

Another fabulous card, is it wrong that one of the things that I like the best are those berries? They are the perfect finishing touch. I hope you manage to get some decent sleep soon x

Mrs A. said...

Hope you get some respite from that cough soon. This is a super card you have made and I too like the idea of the calendar page. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathleen said...

Great card Jenny and a super idea. Super EF and love the idea of the calendar, if I'd have known you could have done one for me too as my Hubby went 70 on Christmas Day
.Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Kath x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still not well Jenny and I hope that your cough gets better soon. I’ve just had my first couple of nights where I’ve been able to sleep through, although I still have a cough. Your card is lovely and I bet your Husband was thrilled with it. Take care and wrap up warm. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

KandA said...

Super card Jenny and a fabulous design. Hope you feel better soon xx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Jenny. Happy New Year, my friend.

Rita said...

Love your card Jenny. Hope you get better soon as this cough seems to go on for ever. I know it took 6-7 weeks before mine decided to go away. Wishing you a heathy and happy 2018. Hugs Rita xxxx

Planetsusie said...

Hi there chuckles! I've just nipped over to your blog and absolutely adore this card for your friend's husband. I am sure that he loved it and the sentiment is beautiful - really got to me! Love the embossing folder you've used and the red edge makes it stand out beautifully. Sorry you have the lurgy - it seems to have been doing the rounds - hope you feel loads better soon. Hugs to you both

Sue Pxxx
(Pidgy send a peck and Biscuit a purr)

Liz said...

Super card, Jenny, I'm sure your friend's husband was thrilled to receive it. Hope you'll soon be feeling better. I've never known a year for so many bugs being around. xx

MaryH said...

So pretty and the requestor is so fortunate to be able to call upon your cardmaking skills. The husband really stands out with lots of dimension and I like the use of pattern paper to do this. Great use of your snippets. I also really liked the inside verse...just the right thing for a good husband. I hope you & Tony are both feeling much improved and ready to enjoy the New Year. Big hugs. TFS (ps..forgot to say I like those little calendar focal points you've used too)

scrappymo! said...

This is a fabulous card, Jenny. I like the burst of colour of the red letters spelling Husband. It really pops!
Hope you feel better soon.

Di said...

Great card Jenny - LOVE the calendar idea and as always so beautifully made. Hope you feel better soon - gosh, so many bloggers have been ill this Christmas, Hope it's not catching through t'internet!

Hugs

Di xx

Claire said...

What a lovely card, I bet the recipient was thrilled to bits with it. You've put so much attention to detail in especially with the decorated inside. I love the 'husband' in that striking red x