MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 16 January 2018

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE..............O IS FOR ONE LAYER AND ULTRA PINK


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Had a really bad day yesterday was so tired from lots of coughing throughout the night and day I just wanted to sleep all the time in between the coughing bouts.
I am on my third week of this coughing, and I feel like it's never going to end.
In any rate enough of my complaining as there are some people a lot worse off than me, but it does help sometimes to have a moan.

Later in the evening I did manage to play for a short while with my John Lockwood media plates again so I can join the Butterfly Challenge which I haven't managed to do for a few of the challenges lately.


This is a 6"x6" size card.
I used memento inks to ink up my media plate then I used a feather to give it some texture.
Lastly I stamped some butterflies, and a wave sentiment that was a freebie stamp form a craft mag. 
A very quick card to make.

Thank you so much for your visit, and your precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges. 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the colours and what a lovely sentiment too.
Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough it's horrible when you have a cough and all you want to do is go to sleep :( Dont forget I'm usually awake in the silly hours myself if you ever want to message me on fb or something for someone to chat to ;)
Take care of yourself,
Hugs Kaz xx

Lynne said...

This is lovely Jenny, beautiful colours. I can't do one layer cards myself I always think they need something adding to them :) . Hope your cough gets better soon x

Mrs A. said...

Sorry to hear your still having a bad time with coughing and not getting much sleep with it either. Gosh what a lovely one layer card you have created here for my challenge. I love the co.our combination. Thank you for fluttering by from your sick bed. Hugs Mrs A.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a gorgeous one layer card. I do find those so difficult. I hope you start to feel better soon. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors and the pretty butterflies!! I hope the cough goes away soon and you are feeling much better. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Ditto, this is my third week too, isn't it awful, I get to feeling if I will ever feel 'normal' again haha. I hope yours gets better real soon.
I love this card, you are making a good job with your media plate.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous colours and just love the sentiment.

Kath x

Mia said...

Such a beautiful card, Jenny. I love the colours and the amazing wave sentiment. Kisses, my friend.

meg said...

Do hope you feel better soon Jenny,beautiful colours and texture with a great sentiment, beautiful card.

Pamellia said...

So beautiful Jenny! Love your palette, these colours work so well together. Your focal panel is lovely with the blending and the subtle butterfly images, and I adore how you carried the theme to background as well. So gorgeous. hugs :)

KandA said...

Beautiful card and the colours are gorgeous xx

Cara said...

Your card is so pretty. Sorry to hear that the coughing is driving you up the wall. I hope you manage to get a decent night's sleep soon x

Barb said...

You have a good moan Jenny. There's quite a lot I feel like moaning about at the moment. Seriously though I do hope you will soon be feeling better. There seem to be so many people with that sort of thing at the moment.

Your card is lovely. The colours are pretty and it's a lovely sentiment. Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Just trying to catch up with blog visits and hope you are now feeling better.
This card is sitting on my dresser now looking at me and is even more lovely in real life so a million thanks for sending it to me.
The sentiment is so uplifting.
Best wishes.
Ang x