MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 13 January 2018

GRANDDUAGHTER'S BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.

I do hope you are having a lovely weekend.

When I went to see John Lockwood demoing in November last year my Daughter bought me his media plates while there, well with all that was going on before Christmas, and being ill I had no time to play with them.
This I rectified this week, and made my Granddaughter's card with them.
I hope you like my effort as I only have old pigment inks, and not the izinks yet.



This is a tent style card I made.
The size is 7.5"x6.5".
I used my oval media plate to make the centre panel, and then heat embossed it with silver pearl embossing powder.
I used the Crafts Too Mariposa cut, and embossing folder, and ran my Versa Color blue pigment ink over the embossed part, and then used my silver pearl embossing powder, and heat embossed it.
I then cut fussy cut around the edges of the embossing folder design.
Next I sprayed the whole of the embossing  folder design with Crafters Companion Sparkle Pearl Diamond spray.
I then added some die cut butterflies which I cut out in white, and used the blue pigment ink, and embossing powder on.
This I also did to the flowers.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments they are very much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenge. 
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/week-450-no-patterned-papers.html 

20 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! Such gorgeous pearly shimmer! Beautiful card Jenny!
Have a great weekend
Chris
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card. I love the design. I have the media plates I have not invested in John's inks as I have so many other inks. I have to be a bit more careful with my craft buys now. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KandA said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the delicate colours and wonderful details xx

Sarah said...

Wow...A really lovely card Jenny, the delicate colour and the shimmer make it something very special xx

brenda said...

That's a really beautiful card for your Granddaughter Jenny, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

meg said...

A beautiful card Jenny love the pearlised card

Lisa said...

Wow, this is amazing, Jenny!! I love the gorgeous shimmer!! The layers and design are fabulous!! Your granddaughter will treasure this!! It's so stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

Soooooo lovely card, Jenny! Amazing! Kisses, my friend.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jenny what a gorgeous card, I love the design and colours.
I bought the media plates too at that time and they have never been out of the packet, an impulsive buy that I don't need. You've used them well, Kate x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A gorgeous card Jenny and I really like the subtle inking. I have a Gelli Plate and I think the media plates are a similar product, except the media plates give you the perfect shape. I’m sure that you’ll love experimenting with them. I do hope that your cough’s improving. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Mrs A. said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I have no idea what Media Plates are but the resulting card is a visual delight to look at. Hugs Mrs A.

Claire said...

Such a pretty card, the gorgeous colours and the shimmer just highlights its beauty. So much attention to detail has been added outside and in which makes it extra special x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, This card for your Granddaughter is really pretty, you have done a brilliant job with your media plates.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

This is really stunning Jenny, gorgeous colour of the inks and really beautiful die and love the subtle colours of the centre, fab design too.
Thank you for joining our 'No patterned papers' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

MaryH said...

This is just gorgeous, and I love the pearl. Don't know what the new inks you mention might be, but you did a swell job with the pigment inking I think. Also that pearlized spray really made everything shine. This is very elegant and swirly and I like the center flower bouquet. Good job! I'm so glad you felt well enough to have a little craft therapy. Hugs & TFS

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours and all the pretty details :)
I'm so sorry my commenting has been so lacking lately, I love it when hubby has hols but I'm ready for him to go back to work now haha
Hugs Kaz xx

Wendy L said...

Stunning card Jenny, glad you got to play with media plates, which is what I have to do this week as my craft club ladies want to play in a couple of weeks, I will have to get some tips off John, thanks for joining us at Allsorts too, xxx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, a lovely card. The blue and pink work so well together and I love the flowers at the front. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Cara said...

Wow, this looks fabulous. I've been wondering about the media plates so it's great to hear how you're getting on with them x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for entering our challenge at allsorts Tracy