MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 22 January 2018

DARNELL'S TWOFER CHALLENGE


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I have just managed to make 2 cards for DARNELL'S TWOFER CHALLENGE 
 which closes on the 24th of this month.
I am quite late with these, but still in time thank goodness.
Just couldn't think of a design to use till tonight, and then I am not really happy with these.


These are both 6"x6" in size.
The feather stamps were a freebie from a craft magazine.
Used IZINKS, DOI, Memento Inks on these.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty Love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter these into the following challenges. 
 


 

19 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, two lovely cards, love the colours on the purple and green card, and the repeated sentiment amongst the feathers on the second looks great too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

MaryH said...

I'm so glad you were able to join in the feather 2-fer challenge. I found it a challenge too, as I don't have any feather stamps. I think you did very well with each of these cards. Love the frou-frou feathers you've tucked on the purple card. Good idea to have the feathered background on both the base and the pretty colored oval. Good color combination too. It's a beautiful thank you card. #2 is equally lovely with th e soft shades of blue & pink, and I like the feather stamping. This will be a super encouragement card or just to say 'hello' as you've stamped on it! Liked the corner trims too. I think you did a great job with each card. TFS & Hugs

Lisa said...

These are both so fabulous!! I love how you've used the feathers!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

I'm thrilled to see you in the gallery at my first Twofer Card Challenge, Jenny! You should be happy with your pretty hello and thank you cards! I love the wispy wisps you have tucked in with your feathers on the thank you card and that bow is just fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing along! Lots of hugs, Darnell xxoo

Lia said...

It's amazing how you made 2 totally different cards with the same stamp. Great work Jenny!
Lia xx

meg said...

Two totally different cards from the same stamp Jenny, love them.

Kathyk said...

Two very cool (and different) makes for Darnell & Co's new twofer challenge, love the textural feel of the left one of the pair

Kathyk

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Vrolijk kaartje met mooi kleuren
Groetjes gerrie

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny your cards are stunning I love them both. Good luck with the challenge. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Both cards are beautiful Jenny and certainly very look very different despite using the same stamp. Fabulous stamping and inking, the colours and designs are lovely. This is the first time I've come across this challenge, had to go and have a look...it's brilliant, what a clever idea Darnell has come up with, it really IS a challenge. Well done you for taking part and creating such a beautiful entry!
hugs
Chris
x

Kara Lynne said...

Such gorgeous colors and beautiful stamping on both of your designs! The tufts of feathers, die cut, and colorful ribbon add beautiful dimension on your thank you card. I love the scattered dragon flies and such that add a friendly "hello" on your second card. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Twofer Card Challenge!

Anita in France said...

These are both so pretty, Jenny ... the soft colours on the hello card are fabulous with the delicacy of the feathers ... and the die cut, scrunchy bow and feathery tufts on the thank you card add such delicious texture and dimension! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Wendy L said...

Both gorgeous Jenny, xxxx

Craftyhugs said...

Hi Jenny. I think these cards are fabulous and cabt see why you're not keen on them hun. You've done a great job in using the same due but creating 2 different style of cards. I love them! Xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Two lovely cards, lots of gorgeous stamping.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

These are fabulous Jenny, gorgeous colours and love the backgrounds that you have made with the small images, I really don't know why you are not happy with these.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
These are a super duo so nothing for you to be unhappy about chuck.
Good luck in Darnell's challenge.
Ang x

Cara said...

These look fab, very different from your usual style but you rocked them x

Brenda said...

Oh I love your feather cards Jenny! I love that feather stamp and die as well. I hope I do better for the next challenge-I'm looking forward to it. Hugs, Brenda