MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 16 April 2015

THROWBACK THURSDAY CHALLNEGE NO 8

Hi and welcome to my blog, all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.

I am very pleased to say I won the last Throwback
Thursday Challenge.

Because I was not blogging last week I missed 
the Throwback Thursday Challenge no 8 which
started last Thursday, but all is not lost as the
challenge runs for a month.
Now Bibiana wants to see Mother's Day creations,
but it's not compulsory, as you may post anything
you have posted before.
As my own Mother passed away sadly 12 years 
ago just after I started making cards, I'm afraid I
haven't a Mother's Day card, so I found this card
that I had posted HERE and it has a picture of my
Mother when she was a young woman on it.
She always loved to decoupage flowers around 
pictures in picture frames, so I thought this 
creation of mine appropriate.





This is a 8"x8" size card.
The papers are from the Heartfelt Creations
Burst of Splendor pad.
I decoupaged the flowers round my Mother's
picture, and in the corner.
I coloured the base cards with Wild Honey, and
Peeled Paint Distress Inks.

Thank you for your visit, and the lovely 
comments you make.
I very much appreciate them all.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the Throwback
Thursday Challenge No 8. 
http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/throwback-thursday-challenge-8.html 

19 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Jenny this is gorgeous. Your Mum was so pretty. Beautiful card.

Pamellia said...

Wow, beautiful Jenny!! This is just so vintage and elegant! I love how you did the flowers around the photograph like a frame, so creative! Gorgeous card! hugs :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful vintage style card Jenny, I like the image and the design
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card and gorgeous colour combo's too.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Carole Z said...

What a beautiful card Jenny, love the colours you've used and you've really captured the vintage look, hugs Carole Z X

Diane said...

Truly stunning design and fun picture Jenny.

Hugs diane

Diane said...

Truly stunning design and fun picture Jenny.

Hugs diane

Patricia said...

Stunning card using a beautiful picture
Patricia x

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Such gorgeous details!! I love the Vintage design and photo!! ;)

Jacee said...

Its lovely Jenny, great design, beautiful colours and a lovely pic of your Mum, a lovely way to remember her
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is soo pretty , lovely picture of your Mom and such a nice way to remember her. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment really appreciate it .

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Congratulations on Winning, enjoy your prize.
This card is truly beautiful, the colour combination is perfect and the halo of flowers around your Mum's picture complement perfectly. I love it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

pam said...

Such a gorgeous card design Jenny, beautiful photo and colors.
Hugs Pam x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!. . . . . And, did I say beautiful?
The papers, design, everything is marvellous and aren't you like your Mum?
Best wishes.
Ang x

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous tribute to your beautiful Mum! I thought it was you in the photo as a young lady! The resemblance is remarkable to your blog photo! Well done!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Jenny, what a beautiful card! Congratulations on your win last month - I think you will win it again with this one! Love the vintage look and the metal bits! Gorgeous card!

Liz said...

A stunning card! What a beautiful photo of your Mum. The design is so appropriate, capturing your Mum's hobby perfectly. x

Lidia R. said...

Your card is a beauty !! Every detail is so delicate and the pic of your mom is so sweet!!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

wow it is so pretty thanks for participating again at my #TBT challenge
love it hugs bibiana