MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 25 September 2017

RUDOLF DAYS CHALLENGE GD SEPTEMBER 2017


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Well I have had and eventful couple of weeks here at Lawrence towers.
Our Internet connection was playing up, and eventually after lots of consultations we were sent a new router.
So while all this was going on I decided to tidy my craft room and reorganise my dies and other crafty stash.
Phew I am exhausted as it took me ages, and too much energy, plus having to stop, rest my back so I wouldn't have my usual back probs.
Well enough of my troubles.
It's that time again for the Rudolf Days Challenge over at 
The challenge runs from the 25th to the end of the month, and as always it's anything goes as long as it's Christmas.
ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
Maureen has a wonderful prize on offer for the winner as always.
So here is my GD card.

  

This is a 6"x6" size card.
I used lots of Snippets on this one. 
The gold frame is cut from snippets, the craft card I used for the sand is snippets, the sky is snippets, the camels, and wise men were cut from a snippet of black, and  the the holly was cut from snippets. 
Then I finally stamped and heat embossed my sentiment on some snippet.
The circle wreath die I used for the scene is a Nbus one so I will be joining Darnell's Nbus challenge with this.

Thank you so much for your visit, and I do hope you can join this great challenge.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

25 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jenny. I am looking forward to when I go home and having a good sort out too. Xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. We are having internet troubles we have an engineer coming out on Tuesday. I hope that sorts it. Well done for having a tidy up. I really should do that too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

Your card is beautiful Jenny, lovey design and The bow is a stunner...have to say I'm really not ready for it to be 25th yet...seems to have come around even faster than usual!.
Had a tidy up myself a few weeks ago, totally reorganised my craft room, took ages, looks great...still trying to find where I put things...!
Chris
x

KandA said...

Gorgeous christmas card Jenny and I love that holly. I really must have a craft tidy up and sort out as the cupboard is overflowing everywhere! have a great week xx

meg said...

Stunning card Jenny

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A really lovely Christmas card !!
Can you please come and sort my craft room out haha, I've just been in there and walked straight back out again hahaha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jenny, beautifully designed and coloured, I find sorting out the craft room is an ongoing thing, good luck with it, Kate x

Jean said...

This is a really lovely card Jenny, I love the gorgeous bow and the holly with pretty pearl berries.
Jean x

Kathleen said...

Another gorgeous creation Jenny, a really lovely image and some super embellishments.

Kath x

pam said...

Beautiful card Jenny, still trying to sort my room! but crafting gets in the way lol.
Pam x

Megan J said...

Hi Jenny, a stunning Christmas card, love the little scene you created and the lovely sentiment with its fancy edge, I'm having a little Christmas card fest at the moment, I've missed Rudolph Day since May and I'm a lot behind... Happy Rudolph Day... have a wonderful week... Megan

scrappymo! said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Jenny. The elements are worl together beautifully.
When you sent the photo, I had not noticed that the gold mat was a wreath form. That is so cool
Thanks so much for being part of the design team at the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Hugs
Maureen

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I really look forward to seeing your Christmas cards on Rudolph Day and this is another beauty. Lots of lovely layering and I love the gorgeous white ribbon. I know what you mean Jenny about tidying up a craftroom as I usually feel like I've done a Marathon when I tidy mine up and it's only a small room. At least you can enjoy it now that it's done. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Cara said...

This is just stunning! I love the colours and touch of bling. Sorry to hear that your internet has been playing up, but it sounds like you've been productive in the meantime. Hope your back is behaving x

Darnell said...

What a brilliant snippets Christmas card, Jenny! This should be used as a Christmas table top decoration year-after-year!! It blew my socks off when I saw it over at Rudy's as your DT inspiration and I thank you very much for entering it in my NBUS Challenge #12!! Hugs and more hugs for your troubles the last two weeks!! Darnell

LesleyG said...

Happy RD! Lovely card, always like silhouettes, and the wreath frames it prettily xxx

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, love every detail in this card, so festive and nice!

Di said...

What a stunning card Jenny! So much beautiful detail as well as great use of snippets!


Hugs

Di xx

Snippets Playground

BożenA said...

I love your slick card. Beautiful scene of three kings and wonderful card coloring. I'm glad we can play together :-)
BożenA xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and elegant in every way. I love all the fantastic elements you used on this beauty!

Greta said...

Wonderful elements making a gorgeous card, Jenny! Hope your internet troubles are over! Maybe that's what I need as I can't seem to make myself do the purging & organizing I so need!

Liz said...

A brilliant Christmas card, Jenny, congratulations on your GD spot again this month.

Well done on tidying your craft room - a job that's long overdue in my house! LOL! xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Super card and I love that bow.
I have periodic clear outs but still lose things lol!
You'll have to find room for all your new stash lol!
Ang x

Sally H said...

Happy Rudolf Day, Jenny! Love your gorgeous creation! The holly is wonderful and I love the three kings silhouette x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunner, i'm loving the traditional image and gorgeous die - so sorry for the late commenting, but i've been caught up with senior school visits for next year for my son, Luv Sam x