MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 5 October 2014

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE AND SNIPPETS CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.

 I do hope you are enjoying your weekend, and
the weather is being kind to you.
We have beautiful sunshine and blue skies, here
in the East of Kent, but it was a quite a  chilly 
start to the morning.

I am feeling a lot better now, it must have been
some sort of bug I picked up, and I don't very
often suffer with those.
I also had a phone call from the hospital 
offering me another appointment, and guess 
what it was for Monday, so I had to decline it.
Just waiting for another one now.

I needed to make a card for the butterfly
challenge, and the theme this fortnight is
Autumn Butterflies, so here is my effort.





This is a 8"x8" size card.
The card and image used is a Hunkydory
 Autumn Butterfly one from about 3 years ago.
The image came in 3 sections so I used 
mounting foam on the center piece to raise it up,
but it doesn't show in the photo.
I cut out my butterflies and coloured them with
Rusty Hinge, Pine Needles, DI, and also 
Archival Ink Potting Soil.
I added some gold stickles to them too.
I also cut out my leaves, with some snippets card,  and distress inked some, and used stickles and Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow Glitter on them.
The inside corners were made from the left 
over pieces of the front corners, and one I had 
used before.

Thank you so much for your visit and the 
wonderful comments you make.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter the following challenges.
http://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 
No: 15 Butterfly in Autumn Colours.
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/pixies-snippets-playground-week-145.html 

26 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Such a lovely card Jenny and the colours are so restful. I just love all the autumn shades - maybe it's because I was an autumn babe ... lol ! Hope this finds you and Tony well! Love and hugs Christine xx

Mrs A. said...

A lovely autumnal card. Just the names of the ink use used makes you think of the season. I love how you have used up your snippets fom the front of the card o o the insides which are always finished off o perfection. Thankyou for lutteing by #15. Hugs Mrs A. Butterfly challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Jenny, I love the autumn colours and your gorgeous butterflies..xx
I have candy too
http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/have-you-heard.html
cheers, aNNIe
The Journey is the Start

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Wat een prachtige kaart mooie kleuren
Fijne zondag
Groetjes Gerrie

Mojca said...

waw this looks just divine, love the pretty autumn colours. hugs! Mojca

Patricia Howarth said...

Afternoon Jenny, A gorgeous, gorgeous, autumnal card, the colours are really beautiful and the inside is quite 'magical', I love it !!
We had rain yesterday morning, then it cleared up, but this morning it was really cold so we lit our fire and it's lovely and cosy now.
Good luck with your appointment, I have an appt at the Eye Hospital tomorrow morning, it's 8.30am and I'm not looking forward to getting all the way across town at the worst time of the day haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Hello my lovely fairty godmother just catching up on your stunning cards..I love autumnal colours and this card is stunning. We are back at the hospital on Weds for an appt for Paul I think we should just move in there hahaha you take care and glad your much better huggles from us all here Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny this is one wonderful card, what glorious colours and your butterflies are painted so beautifully, fabulous design and embellishments.
Hope you get your hospital appointment soon, but pleased to hear you are feeling better, hugs Kate x

Jean said...

A beautiful autumnal card Jenny, the paper you used is really pretty and your butterflies and leaves look gorgeous.
Jean x

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny, I love the dimension and the texture you have achieved. The leaves are wonderful too. Glad you are feeling better, these bugs can really wipe you out. xx

Rita said...

What a treat Jenny to see and admire your beautiful card. Glad to hear your feeling better, and hopefully get another appointment soon. Hugs Rita xxx

Hazel said...

Another beautiful card Jenny. Glad you are feeling a bit better and it won't be to long getting another appointment. Hazel xx

Jacee said...

So pretty Jenny, love the colours and the inside of the card is fabulous too.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Super card and very autumnal shades. Just lovely!
Glad you're feeling better.
Have a great week.
Ang x

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, this card is an ode to autumn! Sooooooooo beautiful!!!

Kathleen said...

Love the lovely Autumnal look of this card and the Butterflies are fabulous, don't tell anyone I said that!

Kath

MaryH said...

Just spotted this while visiting the Butterfly Challenge and knew it was yours before I even saw the name! Oh it's so rich & full of depth. These colors are so lovely, and I like that framing treatment so much. Not sure if you did this with placing the filigree corners 'just so', or if it is a die shape. And loved the way you've divided the oval with the gold swirls. This is one of the prettiest autumn cards I've seen. So glad you're feeling much improved today, and glad that you're on track to get a resched of your missed appt. TFS & Big hugs. (It was chilly here today too).

Carole Z said...

HI Jenny, I missed so many of your lovely posts over the past week, when we've been on holiday and busy with house stuff. I am sorry you've been poorly, but glad you are feeling better and so sorry to read about your uncle. Your sympathy card was lovely and I'm sure was appreciated. I love today's card, beautiful autumnal colours..hope to be blogging again in next few days, hugs Carole Z

Hettie said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry you have been under the weather. I do hope you are soon feeling better.
This card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours you have used and the butterflies are adorable.
Hugs
xx

Sarn said...

Such a gorgeous card Jenny. Glad you're feeling better. xxx

Di said...

Oh Jenny, what a stunning card! Beautiful colours, perfect for the Autumn theme! That three sectioned image is great - I bet it would be possible to make something similar using an oval die and Spellbinders wavy dies?

Good to know you're feeling better!

Hugs

Di xx

Michelle said...

Oh Jenny how beautiful, inside and out. So much exquisite details in this card. GORGEOUS. Glad you are feeling better - Michelle x

Liz said...

A beautiful card. Those leaves look real! I love how you've used the corners to frame the card. xx

Karen Petitt said...

OMGee Jenny! This is blooming gorgeous huni! I love everything about it! Hope you are on the road to recovery now huni. Thank you for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog I really appreciate it and hope to visit you more often soon Karen xx

mamapez5 said...

I have just spotted this card while trying to find my way to Snippets playground! I don't know how I missed it last week. It is so pretty. I love all the Autumn colours and you have caught them beautifully in this card. Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Post ~script. This card is now even better in real life. Thankyou so much for sending to me.
I love the veining on the leaves that I can now see at very close qtrs. Hope you enjoy using your pearlescent cardstock. Hugs Mrs A.