MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 8 October 2014

VINTAGE CAMELLIA CARD

Hi and welcome to my blog all my very talented
friends, and visitors.
I do hope you are all feeling fine, and for those 
that may be feeling poorly, I do hope you will
soon be felling A1 again, so big get well wishes
winging their way to you.

Thank you for your visit time, and wonderful 
comments you make on my creations.

Today I have a card that I pondered on for a
while, it's been lying around my craft room
unfinished for a few weeks now, and I 
eventually finished a couple of days ago.
Still not sure if I like it, that's why it's taken me
so long to finish.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The paper is from a My Craft Studio CD.
I coloured my doilies with Antique Linen, and
Victorian Velvet DI, and then sprayed them 
with a mixture of Mica powder, and water.
It doesn't show up in the photo well ,but it has
a lovely sparkle to it. 
The Vintage Camellia's were made from a kit
I bought at the NEC in March, and can be 
bought from the RIBBONBOX HERE.
The leaf shaped lace in the corner at the bottom
is also from the RIBBONBOX too.
The stone is actually a iridescent green sort of 
black colour, but it shows up as blue in the photo.
The Mesh Ribbon in the top left corner is also
from the RIBBONBOX, and the center piece
I bought at the works.
I used some snippets up to mount my image on,
and that was from the Creative Crafting World
Walk in the Countryside CD.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

19 comments:

Jacee said...

Wow Jenny, this is gorgeous, I love the flowers, so pretty, what great job, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Christine Harrop said...

Simply stunning Jenny, so wonder no more! I bought these too but not actually used them yet. Why do we do this? Spend all this money then it all lies in a drawer for months, if not years, unused? Maybe you have spurred me on with fabulous creations. Hugs Christine xx

aussie aNNie said...

How stunningly gorgeous is this creation, love the colours used too..xxx
The Journey is the Start

Kim said...

it's gorgeous Jenny, and those flowers are stunning
Kim x

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, you must love your creation, it looks wonderful, so beautiful flowers, nice details!

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny, it's utterly brilliant!! Love the gorgeous image and the flowers echoing the corner are wonderful. Don't doubt yourself...it's amazing!! The " Spot the dalmatian" story made me chuckle too!! xx

Irish Cherokee said...

I'm surprised that you're not sure you like your creation. I certainly do. The fact that you took so long to do it and chose well everything you put on it I think it's great. I love the lace in the lower right corner and around the picture. Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous. - Jim

Karen Petitt said...

This is another stunner Jenny! It is amazing how often I don't like my own creations and I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one, lol! I love every little detail and those flowers are stunning. I know I will be ordering a couple of those ribbon flower kits when I can do so - they are fabulous and thank you so much for sharing where you got them from Karen xx

Hazel said...

Jenny another beautiful creation, love it. As for your senior moment don't worry, I just took it that you were busy, and if you are like me you say" I will do it later" but thank you for thinking of me. Hazel.

Patricia Howarth said...

Afternoon Jenny, I think this is absolutely lovely, love everything about it. The stone is coming up as a luscious red colour on my laptop, absolutely gorgeous.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Erika said...

Hi Jenny another beautiful card, the ribbon camellia's are stunning as are their leaves. Love your little country scene too and touch of sparkle.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Its very shabby chic, which is not your usual style and perhaps that's why you're not sure about it? I think its lovely and the flowers are fab. I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts things on one side t come back to lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Kathleen said...

The flowers are fabulous and a great layout and card.

Kath x

Jean said...

What a pretty card Jenny the flowers are beautiful.
Jean x

cuilliesocks said...

It's beautiful Jenny, lovely topper and your embellsihments are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I just love the autumny colours you used.
Hugs
xx

Sue said...

Another stunning card my lovely fairy godmother the flowers are gorgeous! love all the colours you have used too lots of huggles and sloppies off Olliebobs Sue xxxxxxxx

MaryH said...

Jenny, this is lovely! Those flowers are stunning, and the picture is so pretty - I'm liking how you colored that lovely lace, and bet the mica really gives a gorgeous sparkle. It's really hard to show that in a photo too. Looks like you had a lot of fun making this one, and of course, as usual, your interiors are wonderfully detailed as well. Hope you're feeling ok. TFS & big hugs.

scrappymo! said...

This card is beautiful! So many fabulous details on it. The doilies look wonderful that way...I can only imagine the beautiful sparkle they carry after that special treatment you gave them!

The flowers are stunning. All the details and your design really make this one a beauty!

Thanks for your kind comments on the new house. We move in Jan 23...they are building a new one and it is not ready till them. How will i ever wait! lol