MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 13 August 2012

Raindrops keep falling on my Head

Hi to everyone that visits my blog and thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. I am new to this so excuse me if I make a mistake along the way.
I have named my first post Raindrops keep falling on my head, because the image on the card is about rain.
This card I made for the Wild Orchid Challenge Pinks and Green, but silly me I didn't realise you had to have a blog when I made it a few days ago. Well perhaps I can enter now.
The image was a free on off the Internet. It is coloured in with Spectrum Noir markers and has cherry blossom flowers from the Wild Orchid web site. The lace flowers I inherited form my mother. The pearls came with a type of lazy Susan pen holder bought from create and craft. The design round the image is part of spellbinders label 24. The backing paper is from my stash.
I hope you enjoy my very first post and thank you for dropping by.

14 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I just popped over from Linda's blog to say hello! Lovely first card too! I would have followed you, but the link doesn't seem to be working at the mo...I have a blog too and would love you to pop over and say hi if you have time? http://8thWonderArt.blogspot.com
Happy Crafting, Carole Z X

Jenny L said...

Hi Carole,
thank you for dropping by and your lovely comment. I did pop by your blog yesterday and joined but could not work out how to leave a comment. As you can see from my blog not very good at technical stuff, but I hope to learn as I go along.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, I have kept popping back, just in case, and here you are! Your card is great I have this digi image too but not yet used it. I'm not very technical either so we are both newbies together. We'll be able to learn from each others mistakes! I have become a follower - looks like I am the first but the list will soon grow! Have fun and enjoy! Love from Christine xx!

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
thank you for your lovely comment and patience, visiting till I got it right. Well I'm off, but not running yet, maybe screaming, and frustrated at my lack of no how. Will have to speak to my technical wizard, Lindyloo. Thanks again.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

I had to laugh Jenny - I think we ought to form a club for technophobes like you, me 'n Christine lol! Thank goodness for the lovely helpful bloggers out there!!!

Love your card - this image is really cute! The lace flowers are gorgeous. Well done to you!!

Hugs Sue P xx

melanie said...

Well done on your first blog .melanie

Jenny L said...

Hi Sue,
thank you for your lovely comment. Yes we need to form a club at least you can spell the word. Maybe we can all do something the other can't. LOL
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

Jenny L said...

Hi Melanie,
and thank you for your lovely comment too. have you got a blog because I would like to visit you as you have been so kind to leave me such a lovely comment.
Tomorrow I,m putting up 2 post as at first I didn't know how put multiple pictures. I do now though. I have put a how to make a pearly button like Sue Wilson uses on her bows.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, many congratulations on your blog, well done and with the help of your fellow bloggers you will now be off and running. Good luck on your new crafting journey.
Your card is just perfect, I love everything about it and the flowers you inherited from your Mum are exquisite. Good luck with the challenge.
Hope you don't mind me following you as I am not a blogger but love to get inspiration from those who have.
Hugs Christine H xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
and thank you for your lovely comments on my card. Yes my blog friends have been very supportive. Especially big hearted Lindyloo. Who has given me a special mention not to mention time sending me an email when I got stuck this morning. She is such a wonderful person. I have put a little poem on the blog for tomorrow not mine but it should be dedicated to her. For all she does for her friends and bog friends. I think everyone is having trouble with the join the site button. will try to sort it out by tomorrow.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Hussey said...

Hi again Jenny, hope you don't mind me asking but I have been looking on the internet for the image you used but without success. Are you at liberty to advise the site where you found it? Many thanks, hugs Christine H x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I forgot to say your more than welcome to join my site. If and when I get the thing working.
Lots of crafty love again. Jenny L.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is amazing, hugs Pops x x x

Would you take of the word verification sweetie, I am dyslexic and this is really hard, my daughter has just done this one for me x

Jenny L said...

Hi Pops,
thank you for your comment. Did you access my blog earlier when I was trying out different backgrounds. Can you let me know which one it was, and I will amend it, if it's this one I will change it, gladly. It's nice to know if certain people have a problem with bright colours. Thank you so much
for dropping by and thank your lovely daughter for doing it for you.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L