MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

NEW BABY GIRL BOOK AND BOX

Hi and another good morning to all my lovely bog friends, and THANK YOU for your lovely
comments and condolences. Every comment means a great deal to me, and I love reading what
everyone has to say, and also visiting your blogs and viewing your lovely creations. We all inspire
each other, and that's how it should be we are a wonderful craft community. All helping one
another in some little way.
Now to todays post I'm afraid it's a bit of a long one as this creation needs a few pictures.
I made this book card and box for my granddaughter when she was having her second baby.
I made 2 one in Pink and one in Blue because we didn't know wether our precious little baby
was a girl or a boy. It turned out to be a girl. So I still have the boy one waiting for some lovely
little baby boy to arrive or someone to order it.


The card book is a 6x6 size. Basically you make 3 of the same cards and glue them together with
double sided tape as I mentioned in my Wedding Book. I used the glitter girls cosmic embossing
board, and their domes to make the front a shaker card. As you can see I put some pink beads inside.
The image is from a Joanna Sheen's Baby Love CD, and also some of the papers, and images inside
as you will see in my later photo. The ribbon was a purchase from C and C a long time ago. It was
very pretty lots of pastel shades. rose buds from my stash.


This the back of the book. I like to make the back of my books look nice too.


Now the inside of the book.  Decorated with Spellbinders Parisian Corner Die. and what ever
you want to put into it from your own stashes if you decide to copy.


And finally the box for it. I think I put some acetate over the image but I'm not sure as this was
over a year ago. Well I told it was a long post today.  I hope you like it, and thank you for popping
by and looking.

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning,
Another beautiful "Book" I love this idea, the back as well as the front is stunning.
I use that baby image a lot for new baby cards and also Baptism/Christening cards.
Happy Crafting
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Once again another lovely keepsake Jenny. A lot of love goes into a project like this doesn't it? Sun is shining today so have a great day. Love from Christine xx (No post from me today.)

melanie said...

Beautiful book must try this some time thanks for sharing X.Melanie

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, absolutely beautiful, every section is so loving crafted. The picture is my favourite from the Baby Love CD. You are a very talented lady. Have a lovely day. Crafty love Christine H xx

Oksana said...

Beautiful project Jenny and such a thoughtful gift.xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny this is truly s labour of love. You really do put your heart into every card and it shows!
Big hugs Linda

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, what a lovely keepsake, really looks like it was made with love, hugs Carole Z X

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Jenny, this is just beautiful. Love everything about it. All the elements work so well together. Hope you are having a fab week. I gentle invite you to visit my Blogspot Bettyscraftsandpaperdesign and Dream Crafty Online Shop "Hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.de" It would be a glory for me, if you linked my Online Banner on your glamorous Blogspot. So it make it possible, all the creativ, friends worldwide, find my dream online shop too! Many Hugs from Marina

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I have to say this baby book is absolutely stunning, the most gorgeous baby card I have ever seen. I love the colour changing ribbon too. Lots of love from Patricia xx