MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 18 August 2012

Who put out the Fire

Hi
to all my blog friends, and THANK YOU for all your kind words of encouragement over this week.
Well I can hear all of you saying thank goodness it's the weekend. That is those of you that don't have to work.
Today my card is one I made last week.  It's my usual favourite size 8x8 card size. I used A3 black pearlised card stock cut into this size. Matted it with yellow A4 card stock. The stripped glitter card
is a bit left over from my Kanban Card bought from C and C last year. I have used a freebie image
from the internet, coloured in with Spectrum Noir pens. Distress ink in Wild Honey round the edges.
Glitter glue round the image, and Glossy Accents to make it look like water falling from the hose,
ans round his feet. The flowers and butterfly were Dovecraft's blossoms and butterflies. I used
Spellbinders Foliage Dies fir the leaves and the sprays, and some yellow roses from my stash, and
of course some black half back pearls, and stones.
Those of you with a keen eye will notice the difference in the 2nd picture as I took it and then decided
to put a few other bits to the front.
I  hope you like it. Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.

9 comments:

melanie said...

Beutiful card wich site did you get the fireman from ?? Melanie

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous card Jenny. So bright and cheerful and eyecatching. The image is great and would be ideal for my brother, who is a firefighter. Hope you have a good weekend. Looks the sun is out here today after the horrible cold, wet and windy day of yesterday. Love from Christine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Melanie,
I got the image from google. You go to images and type in Free Digi Images. I hope that helps.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I too had a Firefighter in the family. My nephew was till about a year ago when he retired.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, love the card and bright colours! Must look up this image as we have some firefighter friends,have a good weekend! Carole Z X

Carole Z said...

Hi again, Sorry Jenny - I have NO idea why I wrote Christine!!!! Grovel grovel Carole Z XXX

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, what a lovely bright, cheerful card to brighten up another miserable day here in Somerset, will it ever stop raining? Another cute character you have used and love the black and yellow combo! Crafty love Christine H xx

melanie said...

Thanks must remember this

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

This is so cute Jenny and I love the colours, So cheerful and bright.
Hugs Linda x