MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

ANYONE FOR A CUPPA

Hi and good morning to my wonderful blog friends and visitors to my blog. I hope you had a wonderful  Bank Holiday weekend, and the weather was kind to all of you.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments and giving up your precious time to visit me.
My card today was inspired by my creation for the Tea and Cake
Challenge. I needed to make a card for my Brother in Law's Birthday at the beginning of September, and I was at a loss what  to create, then I did the challenge card and had this thought.
My Brother in Law loves a cup of tea. He drinks about 20 cups a day. He only like tea leaves, and a cup and saucer, a mug is a no no. So here is the card. I hope you like it. By the way the tea in the tea cup was my hubbies idea. What a good one I think. What do you think?



Now a close up.




And finally the inside. 



The recipe for this card.
An A5 ready made card blank with fancy edging. Navy card from my card stock, paper a freebie with a craft magazine. Free digi image from the internet. Coloured in with Promarkers. I used the Spellbinders Elegant Posts for the corners and to decorate the inside too. Sorry I can't remember the name of the Spellbinders
Label used to mount the digi image on, but I'm sure most of you will have used this one at some time.
Well thats all for today folks, and thank you again for your interest and visit.
Have a wonderful crafty Tuesday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.


12 comments:

Patricia said...

Love it, simple and very effective.
Hubby`s idea is great and makes all the difference to the whole effect.
Love the colours a perfect card for many events
Have a Great Day

Patricia x

Carole Z said...

Super card Jenny and really suitable for male and female, really like the look of the inside too, have a good crafty day, I sadly, am back to work! Carole Z X

Christine Harrop said...

I like this card Jenny. I am a fussy tea person too. Got to be made in a teapot,pre-warmed pot, made whilst water is boiling so that the oxygen releases the flavour, drunk from china... Even when I was at work I followed the same routine. A teabag in a cup makes me shudder!! Anyway, your brother in law will apppreciate his card! love from Christine x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this card you made for your Brother-in-law, it is beautiful. I fully agree with Tony, your hubby, with the tea in the cup, what a brilliant idea - and a 'man' came up with it ha ha !! It works beautifully.
We had rain, rain and more rain, yesterday, my hubby was not pleased this morning when the sun was shining, and he had to go back to work, poor thing ha ha. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia said...

Hi Jenny,
Thank you for your comment on my Blog.
Nope!! winner not me..........now! come! on takes me all my time to get my Blog going, getting cards on challenges is a "Real Challenge" for me. I break out in sweat just thinking about it....LOL!!!

Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. The perfect image for your Brother in Law and the colours and layout are fabulous.
I hope you have a good day
hugs Sue

melanie said...

Great card Jenny love the way you have used the elegant posts would of never thought of that . I think it label one ??I drink a lot of tea but I`m afraid I like a tea bage in a mug as I do like it strong ,tea leafs don`t do anything for me ,i have tried teapots but it never seems to get strong enough well i`m getting of the track now. have a great time and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog .melanie X

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, yes with the tea was definitely the right idea, well done hubby!. Love the colours you have used and could well be adapted for a female. What a great idea for your tea loving brother in law he'll be tickled pink (or should that be tickled blue for a boy lol!). Hope you are enjoying a lovely crafty day, sun is shining here but the clouds are building again, oh well nice while it lasted. Crafty love Christine H xx

Oksana said...

Beautiful card inside and out! That cup of cup looks very good to me!xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
Lovely card and cuppa. Sensible hubby and what an eye for crafting...maybe he should try cardmaking too, sounds as though he would do ever so well.
Hooe all well. Regards Linda x

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Sorry that should have read: I hope everyone is well. X

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - just catching up with my blogging as I missed yesterday. I love your tea card and was just thinking what a lovely idea to put the tea in the cup - hadn't realised you had a crafty hubby as well!!! Brilliant idea - also like the way you have 'curved' your colouring. I think this is a really great card.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx