MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Weeding Card Book

Hi Everyone, I'm back today with the card book that went into the box, I showed this morning. I have  used Crafters Companion A3 ivory pearlised card cut into a 8 x8 inch card. I cut out 3 identical
ones to make the book, and glued them together with double sided tape. I used the same paper form my local craft shop, and the cut up lace and pearls on top. Then I added the organza roses to it too.
The center of the card is Spellbinders lacy circles and parisian motif too. Finished it off with an ivory organza bow, with a pearly round button type of thing I make. Basically you use a dob of clear glue gel on a piece of greased paper you find under your sticky pads. Then you pop pearls into it in what ever shape you would like. Any holes you cover with clear glitter. I got this idea after admiring Sue Wilson's on her cards so as I couldn't buy any, I made my own.
I hope you like my card book,  that's all for today and thank you again for dropping by.

9 comments:

Christine Hussey said...

Hi again Jenny, found the book and words fail me other than WOW! WOW! WOW!. What a brilliant idea for the pearl button, must have a try at that one and thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs Christine H x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
thank you for your lovely comment on the book. So glad you liked the pearly button idea, been dying to share it with everybody. Did you find your digi image?
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

Christine Harrop said...

Absolutely stunning Jenny. Your grand daughter must have been delighted. What a wonderful keepsake. I did something similar for my sisteer to give to her son on his wedding last year. Since Iwsnn't blogging then I didn't always take pictures. Next time I go north to visit her I think I'll ask my nephew if I can take some pics then I will always have something to post if I run out of time -or ideas!! Love the pearl button too. Thanks for sharing. Christine x

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, if you have kindly replied regarding the digi image site, I'm afraid it hasn't come through and is not showing on my computer? Hugs Christine H xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
yes I did reply to your query. As my email isn't getting to you. This is how you access it. Go to google images on firefox and type in Free Digi Images and then it will come up with the couple on my card. I hope you enjoy, and as someone is doing me a big favour, and I need to pay back to some one else in kind if you send me your address in an email I will send you some of the lacy flowers I inherited from my Mother, because I have a very big roll of them. All I ask in return is that you do something at sometime for someone else. A pretty good idea hey not mine but our lovely Linda Burrows.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jan.moogie said...

This is so stunning I love it thanks for ksharing x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I just popped over to your Blog to see if you have posted anything today and was reading the comments you left replying to our comments and saw that you gave instructions for the Book, I have found it, yippee. This is stunning Jenny, I love how you have made the pearl button on top of the bow, it is stunning, and just as beautiful as the one's that Sue uses, creative genious. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jan.mogie,
thank you for your lovely comment. i am replying as I have done to anyone who first accesses my bog. Hope you have a great crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Jenny, firstly what an amazing lady you are! To offer me some of your lacy flowers inherited from your Mother is such a kind and generous gesture. I am lost for words and really just don't know what to say as it was totally unexpected. I do not feel I am worthy of receiving them but I thank you from the bottom of my heart and bless you :).
I am in the throws of downloading Firefox (hope it works, I'm not that technically minded either lol!) so I can access the image and this alone was so kind of you to do for me. I will definitely do something at sometime for someone else and follow Linda's and your idea.
Lots of crafty hugs to you Christine H xx