MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 27 August 2012

WHITE CHRISTMAS CARD

Hi to all my lovely blog friends, and any visitors to my blog.
THANK YOU for your lovely comments and your visit. I know your time is precious, so your visit to my blog is greatly appreciated. 
My card today is another of last years Christmas cards, I thought you may like to view.


The card and 8x8 size. I have used some handmade paper to matt the card then I embossed the special touch mask and cut out the triangle bits with a craft knife. A bit fiddly but worth is in the end.
The images and the greeting are from Kanban. I finished it off with a triple bow and some cosmic pearly dots.
I hope you like it, and thank you again for your visit.
Have a wonderful crafty Bank Holiday Monday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny Lawrence.

10 comments:

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I'm having an early morning catchup! Lovely card and the hard work with the mask was well worth it for the effect. Thanks for you lovely comments on my blog too, Carole Z X

Christine Harrop said...

Gosh that was a lot of work Jenny, but well worth the effort. A lovely card. Love from Christine x

melanie said...

What a beautiful card and a lot of work its amazing .melanie

Sue said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous. It must have taken you ages to cut out that delicate design but definitely well worth it.

Hope you have a good day
hugs Sue

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, another lovely card and a lot of love and work went into this but as others have said well worth the effort. Have a lovely crafty BH Monday. Crafty love Christine H xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, WOW a beautiful card, I can see how much work you have put into this card, but well worth the effort, it is truly gorgeous. I see you have mastered the cosmic shimmer faux pearls, I haven't even tried that technique yet, Sue makes it look so easy (but she makes everything look easy, doesn't she ha ha), I love the effect they give, I will have to give it a try.......
We had 'divine intervention' yesterday for our Ice Cream Sunday fundraiser at Church, the sun shone all afternoon (after a morning of very heavy rain), which was lovely as it was held in the garden, the organiser said she had had words with 'Him above' and it had worked, we asked if she could ask for a sunshine window for us for today between 1 and 3 ha ha !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Oksana said...

Lovely fresh colours used for your Christmas card Jenny.x

Planetsusie said...

This is really really pretty Jenny - I just love the alternative colours for your Christmas card. I'm another one who has yet to have a go with the faux pearly blings. You have created a truly beautiful card.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Patricia said...

Good Afternoon Jenny
This is a very pretty card I like it, this is my style of Christmas card. I try to stay away from "Traditional"
Thank you for you comment on my Blog.
In answer to your question..........don`t laugh!!!.........I have no idea...... that`s how it came up when I first managed to get the Blog up and running.
My problem it getting all these thingy`s down the side on.

Patricia xx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
Love this card, soft pastel, and totally pretty.
As to your question that I saw on Patricia's blog: to have your posts listed with their headings under Archive:-
1. Go to DESIGN, LAYOUT, BLOG ARCHIVE, EDIT
2. In Style box, click HIERARCHY.
3. In Options, click SHOW POST TITLES
4. To stop list being too long I find it best to keep ARCHIVE FREQUENCY at monthly.
5. Select DATE FORMAT to suit you. Then save.

Looking at your blog it seems like you have it set your page design to 2 small columns on the right of main column. For full Title Archive thus may be too narrow so either move it below others so nothing to the side of it or widen that column so words appear in a better format. If you're not sure let me know and I'll go through it with you. Email me and let me kniw, we can go from there. Big hugs dear friend Linda x