MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 21 August 2012

SYMPATHY CARD

Hi and good morning to all my lovely blog friends.
I would like to say a big welcome to everyone who visits my blog and THANK YOU for your visit.
Today's card is one we all have to make sometime in our life, but one we hate to make.
I made this one for my Aunty Norina. She is the only surviving sister of my mother's family, of
which my mother was the eldest of 10.


I started with a A4 white pearlised card made into and A5 card.
I used Spellbinders Parisian Motifs for the sides, top and bottom.
I chalked with a pink chalk through the design.
I then stamped my large cross with clear pigment ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
I did this 3 times. Then cut out the layers I wanted from each cross.
I coloured the crosses layers with Whisper pens in different shades of pink. added some white daisies
from my stash and put a little flat pink gem in the middle of each daisy. Lastly I glued some of the
off cuts of the Spellbinders Die to parts of the card.
Than you for visiting my blog. I enjoy reading all your comments. They mean a great deal to me.
I know from yesterdays post that we don't all think the same, but that's what makes us individuals,
doesn't it.
Have a great and wonderful happy crafty day everyone
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

8 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Morning Jenny, sympathy cards are not the easiest cards to make but this very nice. Love the Parisian borders, one of my favourite dies, and the cross stamp is lovely. Would also make a nice Easter card. Have a good day. Love from Christine xx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny, lovely card, so gentle and loving.
These are the ones we really do not like doing, they are a must unfortunately.
As Christine said it would make a beautiful Easter Card as well.

I have done my card that you gave me the inspiration for, if you have a look I hope you like it.
Patricia x
patricia-summerhousecrafts.blogspot.com

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, have not made a sympathy card yet (still buying naughty me) but your cross says it all. Just so clean and simple but your touches have made this card very special. A beautiful cross that could be used for Easter and confirmations. Have a lovely day. Crafty love Christine H xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this card, it is so beautiful, I love the crosses and the colours you have used. With a different greeting, this card could be used for a Christmas Card for Churchgoers too, I would do a card similar to this for my friends in my Church congregation at Christmas. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia said...

Got that Jenny, thank you very much, have done what you said I hope it has worked.
I think I did mention I am hopeless on the computer. I still do not know how I ever got my Blog up and running in the first place. All help gratefully received.

Patricia xx

melanie said...

This is a stunning card they are always hard to make love the cross where did you get the stamp from if you don`t mind me asking .Melanie

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Jenny, yes these are the hardest to make and especially because they are usually for someone close to us but you have made a beautiful one, that would also make a lovely Easter card, hugs Carole Z X

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi sweetie,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, were you very close to your aunty. Such sad times but sometimes making a card can be therapeutic, I hope it was for you. It is a stunning card in every way. The colour tones are so delicate on the cross and you have done a beautiful job of decoupaging it. I also love that you used some of the die 'waste' pieces to decorate the 'white space', fabulous idea.
Thinking of you. Big hugs Linda xx