MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 23 August 2012

RAINDROPS NO 2

Hi and good morning to all my friends out there in blog land, and THANK YOU for stopping by and
leaving your comments. I know your time is very precious, so it's lovely that you find the time to
visit me. Your comments mean a great deal to me, and I enjoy reading every one. They make me
sooooooo happy.
My card today is Raindrops No2. This I am entering into the  Fab'n Funky Challenge, which
must feature leaves.


The recipe for this card is a 8x8 size card. Matted and layered with green pearlised card stock and
some green papers from my stash. The image as you will remember is a free digi one off the internet.
It's coloured in with a mixture of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir pens.
Then mounted on to a piece of lace and then a paper doily. Flat back gems from ebay. The butterfly
is a memory box die.The satin leaves I inherited from my aunty, and the flower button is also from my stash.
I hope you like it, and thank you again for your visit and comments. Have a wonderful crafty
Thursday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny Lawrence.

15 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning,
Love this card, it is so sweet, so beautifully coloured.
I has been rain like in your picture here all week, should have had one their coats to keep dry.
However today I "think" could be good ever the optimist, that`s me
Have a Great Day

Patricia

Carole Z said...

Morning! What a lovely card and such a 'warming' image, goodness I am so not needing the rain at the weekend though, when we are building a new chicken coop! Have a good day, Carole Z X

melanie said...

What a beautiful card just love the colouring I must get back to it let hope we don`t get those rain drop`s this weekend .Melanie

Christine Harrop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Harrop said...

Good luck with the challenge. Lovely card, and so different from the previous one. That's the beauty of cardmaking isn't it - we can make a totally different card with the same image. LOve from Christine xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is beautiful and I love your Aunt's leaves. I think this card should win the challenge, it is gorgeous. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Oksana said...

Hi Jenny, lovely card, very pretty. Good Luck with the challenge! I will be updating my blog later, would love you to pop by if you have a spare minute and follow me. Xx

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, well you know how much I love this image and just adore what you have done on this card. It's beautiful and I wish you all the luck with the competition. Enjoy your crafty Thursday too Jenny. Love Christine H xx
P.S. Hoping to have a play with my image today if I can get all my jobs out of the way lol!

Rita said...

What a fabulous card Jenny. The leaves are beautiful. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the image, you have coloured it beautifully and the leaves look wonderful

Sue

Planetsusie said...

Hi there Jenny - I love your card - I hadn't realised this was a free image - brilliant! I love the way you have coloured it in as well - although it is raining and there are leaves and puddles around, somehow the image looks 'cosy' with his arm around his sister. Well it does in my mind anyway. Thanks for the your lovely comments and the tip about the Fab n Funky challenge - I have entered my card in it - I'm never sure what to do so it's a bit hit and miss with me - now I'm giggling!!!

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

This is adorable Jenny and you have captured the light and shade beautifully in your colouring. I also love the leaves blowing across the card in the breeze, so sweet.
I hope you do well in the challenge.
Big hugs Linda xx

Vicky said...

A great card, such a fantastic use of this free image and those leaves. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Rach83 said...

Super card and lovely way of framing your great image. Fab colouring and that butterfly is stunning.

Thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Jackie said...

What a cute card! This image is just so sweet! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge!

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky