MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 30 September 2012

LAST YEARS CHRITMAS CARD FOR HUBBY

Hi and good morning to all my talented followers and visitors.
Well it's Sunday morning, I hope you all had a fab day yesterday,
and that you managed to slot some crafting into your day.
THANK YOU for all your wonderful comments on my cards.
I really do appreciate everyone that you make.
My card today is one I made for my hubby for Christmas last
year.
I know there isn't a lot of Christmas on it but my hubby loves
teddy bears and I thought the saying was so lovely, I had to use
it.
We both have a little banter with each other, I ask him what his
name is and he answers Fred Bear.
Another silly thing he does is roll his eyes round and round, 
just like Nookie Bear used to.
I know this all sounds very silly to you but it's just a bit fun
between us, and keeps us cheerful and laughing.
Now we all need a good laugh at least once a day don't we.
Well enough of my babbling, I hope you like the card.

Click on the photo to enlarge the picture.


This card was made with an 8x8 size card.
Matted with mirri card and then card stock from Hunkydory.
The topper I used was also Hunkydory too.
I cut the husband on my Cricut Machine, no I didn't actually cut
him on the Cricut Machine, I mean the words. lol.
I then added some punched snowflakes and some gold pva
glue dots.
A quick and easy card to make.
Thank you again for your visit.
Have a wonderful crafty Sunday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, love your layout (pretty in pink). You need a bit of humour to keep a marriage healthy and laughing is good for you. I just love this card, the way you have done "husband" is funky. Keep laughing.

Wilma

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny,
Beautiful card, ahhh!!! how sweet is that verse, I love it.
Yes! you are so right you have to have good banter, fun and laughter between each other.
My goodness how miserable the day would be without it.
Be Happy keep Crafting

Patricia xx

Patricia said...

Sorry me again............!!
Love the the New look Blog

Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Love the new look blog Jenny. I'm sure Tony really loved his card. Actually, it was probably a nice change to have this lovely bright golden card on the mantelpiece amongst the snowy ones! Love from Christine xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the colours and the verse is so beautiful.

I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card and marvellous verse. Love the colours.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Beautiful, beautiful wording on your verse card, I absolutely love it. The husband die-cuts are positioned beautifully. The whole card is simply gorgeous.
Loving your 'new-look' Blog, and so in fashion with the 'owls', lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Christine Hussey said...

What a lovely card to send to Tony and the words are fabulous. Yes David and I have those special moments that only we know what we mean, if anyone heard or saw us they would think we are nuts but it makes us laugh and keeps that magic alive. Love the new look blog, those little owls are so cute. Hope you and Tony enjoy your Sunday, love Christine H xx

Planetsusie said...

I thought I had the wrong blog then Jenny - love the owls though and remember you saying about them now! I had to giggle at the thought of your hubby's eyes rolling like Nookie Bear even though I can't picture your hubby the bear is there in my head now!!!!!! This is a lovely card and it's nice to have the sort of sense of humour that you two have together. I love the colours you have chosen they are very beary! I really must email you about the Cricut - I've got mind recently but it hasn't even been out of the box yet!!! Ooops.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, love the new look to your blog! cute owls! The card is gorgeous, lovely verse and super cute bears, hugs Carole Z X