MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Saturday 15 September 2012

A CARD FOR FRANKIE

Hello and good morning fellow craft loving friends and visitors.
May I say a big welcome to my new follower Christine.
Hip Hooray it's the weekend again.
I hope you all enjoyed your Friday and managed to get some
craft time slotted into your day.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments.
I so love reading every one, you are very kind to stop by and 
leave them.
Did you notice my lovely flying butterflies ?
I added to the blog the night before last.
My card today is one I made for my daughter's partner.
I hope you like it.


The ingredients for this.
An 8x8 card blank in white distressed with wild honey ink.
Then matted with some light brown card and a printed paper
from Crafters Companion Men CD.
I also distressed the edges of the paper too.
I cut a large frame out of the Spellbinders Grand Labels.
I then stamped and heat embossed a design on the top.
Used Spellbinders Lacy Circles in the center with my 
sentiment.
I added some Spellbinders Foliage and a button.
Then last of all I put his name in letters made with the CD. 
Thank you again for dropping by.
Please remember to leave a comment so I know you have 
visited.
Have wonderful crafty Saturday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

9 comments:

Carole Z said...

Morning Jenny! Super male card and I can see you have put a lot of lovely work into it..bet he loved it!...yes I noticed the flutterbies and love them! We went to a place called Butterfly World yesterday and I have never been so surrounded by these beautiful creatures just fluttering around us! I hope to get a scrapbook page done soon, hugs Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Good Morning Jenny, love this card perfect for a Male Card. Done in feminine colours also perfect for a female.
WOW!! love the butterflies, how clever are you!!!! Have not seen many of them this year with all the rain, but I now know I will see them here.
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia xx

Oksana said...

Hi Jenny, wonderful male card. Such wonderful detail and I think it's lovely that you have personalised it! Have a good weekend!x

Christine Harrop said...

Men are always so difficult aren't the, but you've nailes it here Jenny. Well done. That lovely yellowy-gold colour is great. Christine x

Sue said...

this is gorgeous Jenny. I love the design and the colours are fabulous.

I hope you have a good Saturday
Hugs Sue

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, a great male card and love all the detail you have put into this. Gorgeous colour combo. Love the fluttering butterflies. Enjoy your Saturday, love Christine H xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Yes, I noticed the butterflies yesterday, I had to do a double post as I only saw them when I had left my comment on your card, I was so interested in your card that I missed them on my way down your post, but noticed them when scrolling back up, so had to leave a second post ha ha, they are gorgeous, I love them.
Your card today is beautiful, I love any male orientated cards because we really need to put 'our thinking caps on' when doing a male card, so any help with ideas is just great in my book. I love the colourways and putting his name in looks fantastic. Bet he love it when he received it. Have a lovely weekend, I'm hoping to do some crafting this weekend, I have a man's 70th birthday card to make and I have to finish off a retired Vicar's 25th Anniversary in the ministry card, I have done the front but need to do the insert yet. There aren't enough hours in the day as I keep having to do all those mundane jobs, like housework, yuck ha ha and gardening, yuck ha ha. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card - the ideal man's card. Must have a look for this cd - it would be very useful.

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - your card is excellent for a man - although a few flowers and it could be for a lady as well. I love the colours and the letters! I bet he loves it. Love your butterflies - I saw the aquarium on there some time ago but was too nervous to have a go. Now that I am more confident I might try to do it.

Hugs to you Sue P xxxx