MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 10 September 2012

ANOTHER 90th BIRTHDAY CARD AND BOX

Hello and good morning to all you craft loving people out 
there.
It's another Monday morning, another start to the week.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and sunshine.
Hopefully you all had some lovely weather.
THANK YOU for visiting my blog and leaving such heart
warming comments.
I really do appreciate every one.
My card today is Glitter Girls Book card and box.
I recently showed the 90th one I made for my sister to 
give my Dads lady friend.
So this is the one I made to give her.
By the way my Dad is 93 years young and he has been a 
widower for nearly ten years now, so it's lovely that he has
found a wonderful friend. 
They are both great company for each other.

Now to the box.


The ingredients for this was.
A4 Holographic card in purple.
A4 purple card.
A4 white pearlised card.
A4 sheet of acetate.
These I made into a book with the Glitter Girls Bookatrix,
embossing board.
The flowers and the 90 on the card and box were made on 
my Cricut Machine.
The leaves and foliage were made with the Spellbinders
Foliage Die.
I added some pearls and sequins from my stash.
Oh I forgot I also used lilac pearlised card stock.
Well that's all for now folks.
I hope you like my card and box.
I know some of you are not fans of holographic and 
mirri card.
Thank you again for stopping by and leaving your
comments.
Have a wonderful crafty Monday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

9 comments:

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, lovely colours and a lovely design. Your Dads friend must have been over the moon with her cards you lovingly made and what a wonderful age to get to. Enjoy your Monday, love Christine H xx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Jenny, I often thought about getting the bookatrix board but never did. The cards make such an impact don't they? I must confess that I'm not a fan of holographic card, but this is a lovely card and matching box. h Hope you have a good day. Christine x

Sue said...

WOW!! This is wonderful Jenny. I love the design and the colours and gorgeous. A very special card for a special occasion.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Pop's Cards said...

Looks fabulous I do love these book card but struggle to press down with my embossing tools, yours is fabulous hugs pops x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, I love this bookatrix card and the recipient would have been delighted to receive it. I have a couple of the 'book' boards but I still find it difficult to emboss, even after rubbing card with drier sheet, I can't find the grooves very easily !!! Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rita said...

Morning Jenny, How beautiful, I bet your Dad's friend will love it to pieces too. The colour is stunning and the box just gives it that little bit extra. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, I'm doing a quick catch up from yesterday, will probably happen a lot now we're on 2 weeks hols from work! Even though I'm not a big fan of mirri card, your card is gorgeous and I am sure your dad's pal will be thrilled. I have a bookatrix board, but ashamed to say it barely gets used, hugs Carole Z xx

Planetsusie said...

This is glorious Jenny - I think it is brilliant. As long as the lady liked the card it doesn't matter whether anyone else likes holographic mirri! I think it is right for this occasion - totally!

I also want to say how wonderful your dad sounds - bless him!! I think it is lovely for him to have a lady friend at his young age!

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
Well I'm the culprit here too. I don't like mirri and holographic card unless in very small doses. It's too in your face for me (sorry). However, you card design is amazing. The layout and elements are really great and I adore the multilayered bow.
Have a lovely week. Hugs Linda xx