MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

A CARD AND BOX WITH ROSES

Hi and good morning to all my talented followers and visitors.
I hope you all had wonderful Monday, and that you managed
to find some time to craft.
Well it's Tuesday already, it only seems a short while since
I said it was Tuesday last week.
THANK YOU for all your lovely comments on my work.
Every one makes me want to do a Happy Dance all around
my workshop.
You are so kind to visit me each day.
My card today is a card and box made for my other
daughter in law.
It was her 40th Birthday in January but I couldn't give this
to her on her Birthday as she and my Son were going to 
Florida on holiday for her 40th.
So I had to make them both small cards to take with them,
as their Birthdays are very close together.
So this card and box I gave her when she came home.
I couldn't have her miss out on a special card for such a 
Birthday could I.


Now the box.


The ingredients for this is.
An 8x8 shaped card.
I then matted in the same shape with Centura Snow White
pearl card.
I used a Creative Expression stamp and Stamped my edges
with a clear pigment ink.
I then brushed mica powder in blue all over the stamped 
images.
I added another mat of Turquoise Pearl Card Embossed
with the Special Touch Mask called Ivy.
I then added some Roses made from the Spellbinders Rose
Creations Die.
I also added some satin ribbon pleated along the bottom.
I finished it off with bow and some pearly swirls, also
flat backed pearls from my stash.
The box I made with A3 Centura Snow white pearl card.
Matted in a similar way to the card.
I then added a reverse colour roses to the box.
I hope you like my creation.
Thank you again for taking the time to visit my blog.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

10 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

What a lovely shade of turquoise Jenny. She must have been really thrilled when she returned home and got her very special card from you. I am definitely going to get the rose creation die and try to make some flowers - "try" being the operative word here! love from Christine

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, just love the turquoise colour and as always so much attention to detail. Absolutely beautiful just like yesterdays card which I adore, a wonderful get well card so cheerful and both cards are gorgeous. Have a lovely day, love Christine H xx

Patricia said...

Morning Jenny,

These cards are sweet, classic and very elegant, love the colours. Must have a go with these sometime soon, must stop always heading for the same colour box all the time.

Thank you for the good wishes for Hazel also your nice comment on my Blog.

Have a Great Day

Patricia x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous. I have never used Mica powder but am going to order some after seeing this. I had forgotten how nice this die is - must get mine out again after seeing your card.

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, This card is stunning and the box finishes off the card beautifully. I love the turquoise colour you have used, love the stamping and mica powders on top, love the pleated ribbon and the embossing and the lovely button, I LOVE IT ALL ha ha.
Can I ask what you use to make your box ??? I have been using an enveloplus for my A4 cards, but that is a gusseted envelope and I'm loving the boxes, they would be much, much better.
I bet your daughter-in-law absolutely adored this card when she got it.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning. I LOVE the colours and those flowers you have made look amazing.
I bet your daughter in law was thrilled to receive such a special card from you.
I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Rita said...

My word Jenny, your card is just Stunning. I love the colours and the Ribbon and Roses add to the finished card and box. I bet it gets the Wow factor. Hugs Rita xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - what a gorgeous card and that shade of blue is super. I've tried to make those roses but they always end up looking like lettuces that have been left to wilt in the sun!!! Hey ho! You make those boxes look so elegant as well. I imagine your d-in-l was overwhelmed!

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, beautiful card and box, love your roses, Carole Z X

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

This card and box are stunning, as always. I love the colours and the flowers are so beautifully made again.
Someone is going to be over the moon to receive this set.
Hugs Linda x