MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 17 September 2012

GET WELL CARD

Hi and good morning to all my talented followers and visitors.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and the weather was
sunny, where ever you live.
THANK YOU for all your support and lovely comments.
I really do appreciate every comment made.
It is very nice of you to spare your precious time to visit me.
I was on Planet Suzy's blog last night and she had a lovely 
photo of a wood pigeon in her bird bath, so I got to thinking.
I know some say that thinking is bad for you. lol.
In any rate I took a picture of a Dragon Fly in my gareden
about a year ago.
It perched on my plastic greenhouse for such a long time so
I quickly got my camera and photographed it.
Here is the picture.


Now to my card today it's a Get Well Card for a lady in my
Tuesday Club that fell and broke her ankle.


The ingredients for this is.
An 8x8 card blank.
Matted with gold mirri and distressed with Tattered Rose
distress ink to make the white card peach colour and to 
take the shine off the mirri a little.
I used the Cupcakecrafting CD Floral Delights for the 
background paper and the inside. I also stamped my tulip
in similar paper form the CD.
The tulip stamp is from Stamps by Chloe at
www.chloescreativecards.co.uk
I then used my Grand Label Die for the aperture.
I also cut a butterfly out of my Spellbinders Die and 
added some stones.
A large messy bow with seam binding ribbon that I dyed
with the Tattered Rose ink,  and of course my sentiment in 
the middle  of the Lacy Circle Die and the Parisian Motifs
Die.
I hope you like my card today.
Thank you again for visiting me.
Have a wonderful crafty Monday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

12 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Monday Morning Jenny,
Your card is beautiful, the lady will love it.

You and I have been thinking along the same lines this morning.......Butterflies!!!
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Morning Jenny, what a beautiful card! I am sure that your friend will feel better as soon as she sees it! Carole Z X

Carole Z said...

...me again, forgot to say that the dragon fly is beautiful, I always have to stop and look when I see them in the garden or out for a walk, such amazing colours Carole Z X

melanie said...

Stunning card love the pic of the dragon fly .Thankyou for the lovely comment on my blog last week .Melanie

Christine Harrop said...

This is lovely Jenny. I hope your lady is recovering well. The dragon fly is a beauty. We have two ponds in the garden which obviously attract them, and some of them are huge! Love from Christine.

Rita said...

Jenny, your card is beautiful and is sure to make your friend feel better. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Jenny. I love the colour scheme and beautiful detailing.

such a fabulous photo - the wonders of nature!

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Fantastic piccie of the dragonfly, they are beautiful creatures and are said to carry the 'fairies' on their backs, I love the magic ha ha !!
Your Get Well card is absolutely beautiful, Jenny, and you have mastered the messy bow beautifully, do you use the Glitter Girls bowmaker ?? I love the colours you have used and the butterfly is fabulous, the backing paper and the technique you used stamping the tulip on the same paper is fantastic. I absolutely love it. It will certainly make your friend from the Tuesday Club feel much better, I'm sure.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the backing paper and the wonderful tulip. Your friend will love this card.

Oksana said...

Lovely card Jenny! I'm sure your friend will be very pleased with your card!x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Jenny - this card is so beautiful, your friend will feel instantly better! I love the way you have stamped the tulip on the paper, so cleverly placed. The colours are so soft and calming. Absolutely brilliant!

As for your dragonfly - I'm so glad Woody spurred you on to putting him on your blog. He really is beautiful.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
This picture is amazing. At first I thought you had stuck a beaded dragonfly on the end. I had to look at it in zoom.... wow what a stunning dragonfly!! It looks like droplets of water and gold.
Your card is so different; soft and dreamy and totally feminine. Love it.
Hugs Linda x