MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 6 September 2012

SPOT THE DIFFERENCES

Hi and welcome to all my wonderful and talented blog
friends and visitors.
Please leave a comment to show you have visited.
I am sooooooo thrilled with your recent comments.
THANK YOU sooooooo much for taking the time to make
them.
I thought today I would set you a little task.
I was asked by my local Cricket Ground to donate a prize
for an auction of promises.
You see their changing rooms had got flooded and they
needed to buy new equipment to replace the flood damaged items.
So I said I would donate 2 of my hand made cards.
Made especially for the person who won the bid.
These cards are the ones I made.
The lady in question wanted 2 Mothers Day cards the same,
but this is where you come in.
They are both nearly the same but slightly different.
Can you spot the differences ?


Now to the inside.


Now to the box.


The ingredients for this is.
A5 card stock.
Cupcakecrafting CD Floral Delights by Andrew Hull.
For the papers and decoupage.
Spellbinders Grand Scolloped Oval Die.
Creative Expressions self adhesive pearl swirls.
The ribbon I dyed with tattered rose distress ink.
I used my favourite Parisian corners, and a button from
my stash.
Well thats all for today folks.
I hope you like my little efforts.
Thank you again for dropping by and visiting me.
Your comments make it all worth while.
Have a wonderful crafty Thursday everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny.


10 comments:

melanie said...

Just love both of them yes I spoted the difference on the second one you have done the second as a scallope edge ,just love your pearls where did you get them I would love to get some .Melanie

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Jenny, this is just lovely and I'm sure the winning bidder must have been thrilled to bits. Yes, as Melanie said the second one has the scalloped edge and also a tag. You are so talented Jenny. Love Christine H xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Jenny, Absolutely beautiful, these cards, I love the tulips they look stunning, everything on these cards and boxes are stunning and the recipients will be overjoyed at receiving them, anyone would. Stunning Jenny, just stunning. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rita said...

Good morning Jenny. What wonderful cards. I think the tag maybe is the difference. I have this CD as well and use it a lot for cards. Your box is amazing. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Jenny. I love the colours and the design is so beautiful. The ribbon is wonderful too.
I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Marie-Louise said...

Two fabulous cards. The papers and tulips are gorgeous.

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie these are just gorgeous, so beautiful, huggles Pops x x x

Planetsusie said...

I love the Parisian corners as well Jenny - they are really pretty. Looking at them again I have just had an idea - will give it a go and use it on my blog - if it works out LOL!! This card is beautiful and I absulutely love love love those soft colours - wow these are real creations!!! You must be very proud of them.

Hugs to you

Sue P xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jen, well I'm a bit late to join in now, but I did spot the scalloped edge and the tag± Both of the cards are gorgeous, I love the colours and the inside of the card and box are also beautiful, she must have been well pleased with her prize! Carole Z X

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Jenny,
These are designs are gorgeous, so soft and gentle and the decoupage is fab.
The differences I spot are:- The second card has 1. Scalloped inner matt 2. That matt doesn't have dots embossed on it 3. It has a greeting tag.
I noticed on Caroles blog that you mentioned about sourcing red card. I buy most of my cardstock from http://papermilldirect.co.uk/. You can buy a mixed box of approx 75 sheets (depends on thickness) for only £5 or a mega box of over 600 sheets for £40 and its fab quality and the colours are vibrant. The red they have is stunning, a true red and they also have a maroon which is rich and deep red. Nearly all of the coloured card you see on my cards comes from them. They also do a beautiful Teal too. If you email them and ask they will send you colour swatches of all their cards. Its a fab way to check the texture and colour beforehand. I punched holes in mine and keep them on a ring now for future use.
Hope that helps. Hugs Linda xx